electric fence?

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
My thing is i like taking Chunky for walks and for some reason if going the underground fence route I would do the whole yard and not just the backyard which is what I use if I put an above ground one up. I might look into them more and just do the back with underground if I keep losing my attempt at the wrought iron fence

I had thought the same thing, most of my outdoor projects are out back anyway and that's where I would like Joey to be able to hang...untethered WITH ME of course. I did just see on one system NO SHOCK (which is a requirement for me), sound only and has great success !

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
No offense(off fence) to all of you who have an HOA, but I can't even imagine why anyone would buy a home,and have to follow someone else's rules. My sister lives where they were only allowed to put up certain type fence,and no carports(she has been there for years) and when I found that out, I was shocked. I guess I was naive,as I couldn't believe that you have your OWN home and have to follow someone else's rules. As far as junk cars,I could understand. And [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I agree with your take on people! What are member of EBN? They certainly can't be PEOPLE!! They are too :love:

I don't mind living in a neighborhood with an HOA because some of the rules will benefit me by not allowing others to build home or do stuff that will lower the resale value of my home. I just don't like the one rule my HOA has about fences because its not even a standard height and at 36" isn't going to stop any animal or person from getting in or out. I could put in a pool and install an 8' fence though. And at that point I wouldn't have a backyard to let Chunky run in.

I dont fit the mold in this neighborhood though since I am not a Dr, lawyer, or some business executive. I have worked hard for years to be able to afford living here. I also like fast cars and big trucks versus the neighborhood norm of small suv's and honda and toyota cars. I am the neighborhood redneck. LOL

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
No offense(off fence) to all of you who have an HOA, but I can't even imagine why anyone would buy a home,and have to follow someone else's rules. My sister lives where they were only allowed to put up certain type fence,and no carports(she has been there for years) and when I found that out, I was shocked. I guess I was naive,as I couldn't believe that you have your OWN home and have to follow someone else's rules. As far as junk cars,I could understand. And [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I agree with your take on people! What are member of EBN? They certainly can't be PEOPLE!! They are too :love:

Our HOA is a "moving target" as to rules....home owners/majority rules, so we vote on changes. The fence vote lost, so....no fences. Oh well.....onward and upward

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I don't mind living in a neighborhood with an HOA because some of the rules will benefit me by not allowing others to build home or do stuff that will lower the resale value of my home. I just don't like the one rule my HOA has about fences because its not even a standard height and at 36" isn't going to stop any animal or person from getting in or out. I could put in a pool and install an 8' fence though. And at that point I wouldn't have a backyard to let Chunky run in.

I dont fit the mold in this neighborhood though since I am not a Dr, lawyer, or some business executive. I have worked hard for years to be able to afford living here. I also like fast cars and big trucks versus the neighborhood norm of small suv's and honda and toyota cars. I am the neighborhood redneck. LOL

You sound like us… my hubby is retired military and now is a private contractor. We don't fit the mold of our neighborhood either, but there are a few retired military spec op guys here too.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
"I could put in a pool and install an 8' fence though." [MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION] Do they tell you what size the pool has to be? If not, get Chunky a kiddie pool, and put up your 8 foot fence! :D

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
You sound like us… my hubby is retired military and now is a private contractor. We don't fit the mold of our neighborhood either, but there are a few retired military spec op guys here too.

Prior active duty Air Force here......was military brat, lived all over in many neighborhoods....If its one thing growing up military and being active duty.....you learn to adapt and EVERYWHERE is home :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Prior active duty Air Force here......was military brat, lived all over in many neighborhoods....If its one thing growing up military and being active duty.....you learn to adapt and EVERYWHERE is home :)

Thank YOU for your service… and YES we do adapt to wherever. It's what makes us unique and special ;)

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Thank YOU for your service… and YES we do adapt to wherever. It's what makes us unique and special ;)

Thank your husband for his service as well as yours!! Yes, a special bunch we are! My Marine friends LOVE the fact that I have an EBD!! I didn't hear the end of it for months!!!

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
"I could put in a pool and install an 8' fence though." [MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION] Do they tell you what size the pool has to be? If not, get Chunky a kiddie pool, and put up your 8 foot fence! :D

HAHA!! I don't think they would go for the kiddie pool but chunky would like i I am sure. I don't know exactly what the restrictions on a pool is but I was approved for one and we found out there was going to be a lot of rock busting and extra money so i backed out. That was before I decided to get another dog. My yard isn't big at all but flat and isn't any smaller than what I had in florida. My house across town that my sister is living in right now has a good sized yard but is mostly all hill and that where I have lived most of my life when I wasn't working out of town

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White

Thank you both and your families for your service!! :usa::grouphug:

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I had thought the same thing, most of my outdoor projects are out back anyway and that's where I would like Joey to be able to hang...untethered WITH ME of course. I did just see on one system NO SHOCK (which is a requirement for me), sound only and has great success !

Which sound only fence system have you look at? I might study up on them and try it out.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I tried the wireless fence today and chunky looked at me like what that noise and then kept walking. I returned it to pet smart

Oh good to know! My search continues for someway Joey can be with me outside and safe. Thanks so much for the information!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.