Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: electric fence?

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Aah yes the male bonding on the golf course. I miss it I do. Cigars, Scotch, golf, and camaraderie (not to mention free consultation with your friend). It's a bi-otch getting old. NSA stole the golf course at Ft. Meade to put buildings up. Have not played much since. The wife and I did play at Myrtle Beach a few years ago and that was nice.

I hope you get through your challenge as the Chunkmeister is the man...take good care.
    I don't play golf as much as i would like too since most of my golf buddies either work all the time or their wives don't allow them to do anything. I started playing at age 4 with my dad and played frequently until I graduated high school and started college and then working all the time and have only had a few jobs that i had time to go play.

Chunkmeister and myself compete for dominance in the house. LOL

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

2. Likes rjisaterp, Ftse 100 liked this post
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by natski282 View Post
    Maybe for the late night outs just buy one of those screw in the ground posts , they make them much bigger now and would hold fast I would think for that one late night out

He usually goes 10 steps out the garage door and pee's and come straight back in. I could buy a cable and hook it to the shelves in the garage an hope he doesn't take a trip around the bushes.

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    He usually goes 10 steps out the garage door and pee's and come straight back in. I could buy a cable and hook it to the shelves in the garage an hope he doesn't take a trip around the bushes.
    LOL thats like Rosie she hates the cold , which has not helped with there training at all , she might go 10 ft lol
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I will just keep him on a leash when he is out for now. He hasn't ran far when he decides he isn't coming back. But at 11:30 at night I am not in the mood to chase him around.
    There are 30 foot training leads that you can get too.... it is lush a thin leash that is 30 foot long
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Whoever drew up the original neighborhood plans put the height limit at 36". I am allowed wood, pvc or metal but it can be no taller than 36" which is to going to keep anything in out. The fence I want which is standard small fence heigh is 48" and is aluminum but looks like wrought iron and would be the best looking fence I could get and there is no privacy to it. I cannot let hedges grow over 36" if they are to be used as a fence line. I am not trying to break there rules but think the 36" is a dumb height since it is not standard height and too short for anything.

I just figure it would be easier to let Chunky out to do his business and allow him to be out when I am if he cannot get out of the yard which is why I thought of an underground fence. I am not doing it so I could leave him out when I am in.
    I know you wouldn't leave him out alone… I was just thinking that someone (or another animal) could come up to him. Will your HOA allow you to get the standard sized fence? Seems really dumb that it's NOT at least a standard size...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I know you wouldn't leave him out alone… I was just thinking that someone (or another animal) could come up to him. Will your HOA allow you to get the standard sized fence? Seems really dumb that it's NOT at least a standard size...
    No standard is 48" and 36" is whats in the development plans. We do not even have an HOA yet and one of the neighbors has taken builders or other neighbors to court if the development plans are not followed. They cannot start an HOA until 80% if the lots have houses on them and that will never happen since everyone who has a house without a house on the lot next to them have bought the adjoining lots and a 1/4 of the other lots would take weeks worth of grading and busting rock to be able to build on them. I should of stayed at my old house that I let my sister move into and just remodeled it. I just wanted a new home that was ready to move into and love the layout of this house.

Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    There are 30 foot training leads that you can get too.... it is lush a thin leash that is 30 foot long
    I walk him with a retractable leash but jut need to get something for now to tie up to when outside since he likes it so much and it would be a way for him to be out when I am washing the car or doing yard work

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

No standard is 48" and 36" is whats in the development plans. We do not even have an HOA yet and one of the neighbors has taken builders or other neighbors to court if the development plans are not followed. They cannot start an HOA until 80% if the lots have houses on them and that will never happen since everyone who has a house without a house on the lot next to them have bought the adjoining lots and a 1/4 of the other lots would take weeks worth of grading and busting rock to be able to build on them. I should of stayed at my old house that I let my sister move into and just remodeled it. I just wanted a new home that was ready to move into and love the layout of this house.
    Oh HELL NO… I say forget that neighbor and get the fence you want. How on earth can a neighbor enforce HOA restriction?!! We moved into this subdivision because my last next door neighbor was a real a$$… he put a deer feeder behind our property so he could shoot at deer. He would ride his 4 wheeler ALL hours behind our house, and especially if we were having a cookout. He treated his driveway like a used car lot so he could work on cars We were at our wits end… OUR HOA here however has been fighting w/us because they say our fence it over our property line, which supposedly our builder had worked out a deal w/the property owners. It's a mess, and I'm ready to move. I now want property and NOBODY around me, people make me insane.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller

12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Oh HELL NO… I say forget that neighbor and get the fence you want. How on earth can a neighbor enforce HOA restriction?!! We moved into this subdivision because my last next door neighbor was a real a$$… he put a deer feeder behind our property so he could shoot at deer. He would ride his 4 wheeler ALL hours behind our house, and especially if we were having a cookout. He treated his driveway like a used car lot so he could work on cars We were at our wits end… OUR HOA here however has been fighting w/us because they say our fence it over our property line, which supposedly our builder had worked out a deal w/the property owners. It's a mess, and I'm ready to move. I now want property and NOBODY around me, people make me insane.

She is the attorney who helped the developer make the development restriction and the developer has since bankrupt on the rest of the unsold properties and the bank who now owns the unsold properties won't help the owners. So the homeowners and builders have to fight her in court. Her family is mega rich and she is out of control. Her jack russel is the dog who bit chunky when he was small and it was on my property off leash and Chunky couldn't avoid it since he was leashed. She hates me anyway but thats a long story!! LOL

I wish I had bought 10 acres or so and built a house but I am a city boy who like being within 5 miles or so of restaurants and stores

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

She is the attorney who helped the developer make the development restriction and the developer has since bankrupt on the rest of the unsold properties and the bank who now owns the unsold properties won't help the owners. So the homeowners and builders have to fight her in court. Her family is mega rich and she is out of control. Her jack russel is the dog who bit chunky when he was small and it was on my property off leash and Chunky couldn't avoid it since he was leashed. She hates me anyway but thats a long story!! LOL

I wish I had bought 10 acres or so and built a house but I am a city boy who like being within 5 miles or so of restaurants and stores
    I'm a city girl too… lived outside DC for years. NOW I'm in the country and love it, but hate being around people… Lol

That is horrible, that woman sounds like a total nightmare w/too much time on her hands to sue neighbors!!!

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I'm really confused here wondering why you can't have fences on your own properties is it body corporate saying no? Are you living in a gated community? Just here in Australia our house is our house and you can have what fence you want but in gated communities it's different then you have to follow their silly rules, so is this what we are talking about with the HOA
    I too want to move from my neighbours and dread if I do the neighbours could be even worse and I would have been better of staying here and I don't really want to move back to land as for the snakes etc here. We get them in suburban but on acerage seems so bad my granddaughter had a brown snake (deadly) on her front door yesterday that I could not deal with.

16. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ftse 100 View Post
    I'm really confused here wondering why you can't have fences on your own properties is it body corporate saying no? Are you living in a gated community? Just here in Australia our house is our house and you can have what fence you want but in gated communities it's different then you have to follow their silly rules, so is this what we are talking about with the HOA
    I too want to move from my neighbours and dread if I do the neighbours could be even worse and I would have been better of staying here and I don't really want to move back to land as for the snakes etc here. We get them in suburban but on acerage seems so bad my granddaughter had a brown snake (deadly) on her front door yesterday that I could not deal with.

I live in a newly developed neighborhood which has guidelines you have to follow like how much of the house has to be brick vs wood and no vinyl or aluminum siding. All driveways have to be concrete and no broke down cars can sit in the driveway. The landscaping has to be approved but nobody has followed that rule yet and fences or hedges can only be so high. Once so many houses are built a Home Owners Association "HOA" has to be started and the developer will no longer be able to enforce the guidelines.

It is to keep the neighborhood nice and I understand that but whoever drew up the guidelines for my neighborhood obviously had no idea what they were doing on a lot of it. The original developers were a couple of Dr's and the attorney used which is my neighbor was just out of college and knew nothing about what she was doing.

18. Likes Ftse 100 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads