bully tails

robbo

Jan 31, 2016
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
summer
Hi just wanted sone advice a friend has recently had a litter of 2 english bulldogs however 1 as a full tail I suggested it was crossed but she has used a stud dog and has seen all his paperwork and when she asked him was told he has thrown full tails before and it's normal is this right and am I just wrong or has she been done by a dodgy stud owner thanks

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I can't really comment on this but I do know they do have different tails but a full towel not to sure on but someone will know for sure.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Not sure if his is a "full tale" but Lockjaw has a pretty long tail.
3562818377fb6ab39746d7825ed8cf5d.jpg

Penny- his litter mate has more of a shorter pig tail though. (Penny is on the bottom)
7e2dda54f23d52eee9f3078231253fc6.jpg

Not sure if this helps- but it's siblings, pure bred and 2 different tails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The true tails of a Bulldog are longer than what we see today... Most are short/corkscrew.
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]. [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
All bulldog tails are different.... The reason why one may be longer it's probably because one of the Bulldogs has a corkscrew tail and if you were to straighten that out, it's long. I had a litter of 9 once one had a very long tail- baby Linus, it was even s shaped. But as he grew he also grew into that tail, so it wasn't as long as it seemed when he was a newborn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15416]robbo[/MENTION] I have two who are full sisters. One (Martha) has a shorter bent tail, and Maude's tail is pretty straight and about 5" long. I call it her "happy tail" because she can even wag it! They are both AKC,and I know the breeder.She also has no tail pocket(yay) When I asked my vet about it,when she was a pup,he said that some are born with longer tails, and most "big time" breeders want them cut. Maude's tail looked longer when she was tiny,but now it is just right/I love it!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The preferred bully tail is straight and about 2 inched long. Sometimes there will be one that has a long tail, but it is rare.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
In Europe it's more commom to have bulldogs with tails now and it's even aimed for. Anybody who has had a bully with tight tail know how un pleasent it can be. The perfect tail here is about 3inch long and the shape of a carrot. Even longer is fine as long as it does not raise above the topline. It would be madness to dock it imo.

OP
R

robbo

Jan 31, 2016
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
summer
Hi sorry I should have made it more clear there's no corkscrew 1 is slightly longer than the usual stubby tail and the other is a full tail like you would see on a jack Russel for example

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I've never seen one over 6" long and that's having had hundreds of Bulldogs go through my home. If it's a full tail like 10+" long then it's likely a mix, IMO.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.