2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It sounds like male bulldogs tends to be more dominant than female bulldogs... is that correct to say?? Izzy is pushy and stubborn but I can put her in her place after I give her the command for the 4th time! LMAO.... because I am the pack leader! (I just need to keep repeating that to myself so I can believe it!)

I have had 3 males and one female over the past 12 years.... Female was the most dominate of all of them, in fact all three males were/are not dominate in any way. It really does depend on the individual dog as I know many females that are not dominate

OP
B

Bogey416

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bogey and Juice
How old is Bogey? Did the vet recommend neutering him? My babies think they are lap dogs as well and enjoy laying on us while we watch tv. Bulldogs love to be a part of the family.

Hi Rosalie!... Bogey will be one in march. Bogey was adopted from a local show dog breeder. Part of the agreement was to keep him intact for breeding purposes. After reading up on the pros and cons of neutering we decided that we will more than likely let Bogey keep his bits. We found that if we don't allow him on the couch or any blankets he won't mark. Other than the markings we have not witnessed any aggression, possessiveness and/or humping that is usually associated with an intact male.

OP
B

Bogey416

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bogey and Juice
It sounds like male bulldogs tends to be more dominant than female bulldogs... is that correct to say?? Izzy is pushy and stubborn but I can put her in her place after I give her the command for the 4th time! LMAO.... because I am the pack leader! (I just need to keep repeating that to myself so I can believe it!)

HAHA!!.. Me too Michelle!!... I usual say "down" the first time in a tone in which is sounds like I'm asking. Put when I put on the bass in my voice, in addition to a mean mug for added effect, he moves.. He'll give me stink eye for a minute after but I converse with him and tell him it's because he pees on soft stuff. I know I know the conversation is more for me than Bogey.. haha!!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
HAHA!!.. Me too Michelle!!... I usual say "down" the first time in a tone in which is sounds like I'm asking. Put when I put on the bass in my voice, in addition to a mean mug for added effect, he moves.. He'll give me stink eye for a minute after but I converse with him and tell him it's because he pees on soft stuff. I know I know the conversation is more for me than Bogey.. haha!!

Ya gotta love that stink eye eh ha ha ha

OP
B

Bogey416

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bogey and Juice
I might be off base , but Bulldogs are stubborn and to different degrees and even Male versus female maybe also , is Bogey a dominate male ?, could be and to be honest versus a medical issue he is projecting his dominance in this situation of marking that couch full blatter release or not he is very aware that is a NO NO right . I find also Bullies can and will pout after not being aloud or corrected for behaviour issues , Tilly used to sit and stair strait forward into a corner back to Me , Rosie also is starting to show her stubborn parts as she is now a teenager . i will also as he is not fixed that could be part of what your seeing question is how old is He ? I hope it is not a health issue , Weather naw I live at the east side of Algonquin park, you have been balmy compared might be unpleasant but there more durable then that and with a coat on no problem. love to know what you find out tho learning is good lol .

YES! Bogey does this thing where he would sit around the corner from us and sit with his back in the corner.. It's so cute. Dominate? I don't think so. Stubborn?, absoultely!. But I find that if I let it bother me he can sense it so I just don't fight him on a test of wills. I will lose. For example, if he doesn't want to walk after a pee and poo we just go back. I figure I'd let him tell me if he wants to go longer. The weather has been pleasantly ridiculous here in Oakville but the bugger still doesn't walk like when we first had him two months ago. These were some adolescence trials and tribulations we were expecting so I'm not stressing too much.

OP
B

Bogey416

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bogey and Juice
Ahhh.. how could I forget! BOGEY 051.jpgBOGEY 173.jpgBOGEY 410.jpgBOGEY 458.jpg

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
YES! Bogey does this thing where he would sit around the corner from us and sit with his back in the corner.. It's so cute. Dominate? I don't think so. Stubborn?, absoultely!. But I find that if I let it bother me he can sense it so I just don't fight him on a test of wills. I will lose. For example, if he doesn't want to walk after a pee and poo we just go back. I figure I'd let him tell me if he wants to go longer. The weather has been pleasantly ridiculous here in Oakville but the bugger still doesn't walk like when we first had him two months ago. These were some adolescence trials and tribulations we were expecting so I'm not stressing too much.

I agree fully he sounds wonderful , i am the same i do not fight it with them unless it is very serious life is too short for that , Are you getting this rain warning they had out today ? we are terrible here started with freezin rain then 4 inches of snor , ice pellets a bit ago and now raining like Mad again , a stay in day here ( were East side Algonquin park )

OP
B

Bogey416

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bogey and Juice
I agree fully he sounds wonderful , i am the same i do not fight it with them unless it is very serious life is too short for that , Are you getting this rain warning they had out today ? we are terrible here started with freezin rain then 4 inches of snor , ice pellets a bit ago and now raining like Mad again , a stay in day here ( were East side Algonquin park )

Exactly, I got to point on our walks where I was asking myself "why am I getting mad over this?". Unless Bogey decides to protest in the middle of the street I don't get frustrated.

Rained all night and drizzling in the AM. +13 in February? Nuts!!.. No snow expected tho. Good thing because Bogey doesn't quite fit his coat. You can hear the velcro come undone with each step he takes.BOGEY 398.jpg The Julius harness is the only thing keeping the coat on.:)

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
#bulldogslifematters !!!!

watch them protest on national TV! ;)

Exactly, I got to point on our walks where I was asking myself "why am I getting mad over this?". Unless Bogey decides to protest in the middle of the street I don't get frustrated.

Rained all night and drizzling in the AM. +13 in February? Nuts!!.. No snow expected tho. Good thing because Bogey doesn't quite fit his coat. You can hear the velcro come undone with each step he takes.View attachment 95382 The Julius harness is the only thing keeping the coat on.:)

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Funny because I think my dynamic is perfectly normal until I introduce an outside person into our routine... then I realize... oops... she is not that well trained! I am so used to repeating myself and to her being stubborn that I think is part of the process :) that acceptance that we have of the breed!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Got it! Had females for the past few years so it just made me think about it.

I have had 3 males and one female over the past 12 years.... Female was the most dominate of all of them, in fact all three males were/are not dominate in any way. It really does depend on the individual dog as I know many females that are not dominate

Members online

No members online now.