Doggy Seat Belt Options?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Does anyone have suggestions on securing your dog in the car? If someone isn't sitting with him in the back he crawls up to the front because anytime is a good time for attention. I have been letting him sit in the front passenger seat, but if I have to stop suddenly he could go flying. So I would like something a little safer.

I have a Julius K9 harness and it has a strap on the top so I could probably loop something through that.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I use a para cord leash that that I have tied in a perfection loop knot that I put the seat belt through it and the handle that still allows Harlea a bit of freedom in the back seat.

KatieToth

Julius-K9 Sales Representative
Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
Does anyone have suggestions on securing your dog in the car? If someone isn't sitting with him in the back he crawls up to the front because anytime is a good time for attention. I have been letting him sit in the front passenger seat, but if I have to stop suddenly he could go flying. So I would like something a little safer.

I have a Julius K9 harness and it has a strap on the top so I could probably loop something through that.

Julius K9 has these harness accessories that are safety belts. I had one a long time ago, but lost it somewhere.. :/
Safety belt for dogs over 55lbs (16SGA-2) - Accessories for harnesses

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I have a thingy I just fasten to their harness and then put the seat belt through... It looks like a loop with a leash clip on.... it works good cos they can still move around a little but not walk over the whole car.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I need to get something, but they both just lay in the floor of the backseat. I have bucket seats behind me, so I guess the leash extender's won't work… Lol

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor had one of those things you attach the harness to the safety belt with and it was great until he learned to unbuckle the safety belt. Now he rides in a travel cage in the back of the car.

KatieToth

Julius-K9 Sales Representative
Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
Did you like the accessory or have you found better options?

I really liked it, and will probably get a new one sometimes soon. The reason why I never ordered a new one because it used to come from Europe and it took a long time to get here, but now they have like an online store here in the U.S so it is a lot faster.

- - - Updated - - -

I use this for my guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should post a picture so she can see what it looks like hooked up.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I always had my German Shepherd in the back of the suv and had a barrier. He was also tied (6ft leather leash)to the vehicle's hooks. He was 115lbs and you dont want any dog that weight or even a bullies weight hitting you. It's for you dog safety he/she should be tied in the back all times. Safe for everyone. Nyala is only 4 months and tied to the seat but she will also go completely in the back of the suv with barrier.

One more thing, when I see people putting their dogs on their laps in the front seat especially on the driver's lap really ticks me off. You can just hit your break n your dog hits the dashboard or windshield n you risk killing your dog n hurt yourself badly too.

That's my 2 cents.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.