nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Sorry we have been away again. It's been a busy Q4 for me and I am now starting to see the light of day!

Our Latest update:

Curly loves snow. We knew about his love for snow last year during our little bouts of snow but with this blizzard we couldn't get him to come inside. I don't really have any great picture of him in the snow this year and sadly it is because he ended up over exerting himself in the snow which caused some muscle soreness which put him out of commission for a few days (Friday through Yesterday). He was limping, non-weight bearing, etc. etc.

I was, of course, fearing the worst and finally was able to take him to the vet today (we've been snowed in until this morning) and after i made the appointment he started bearing weight and acting fine (I swear he has a sixth sense). I looked at him and said "You're still going to the vet."

after a few physical tests and x-rays - everything check out and he was sent home with some pain meds to use as needed. He did limp a little at the vet so he was able to see what we were talking about but nothing is torn all is good in the curly leg world.

The amazing news when we went to the vet is that Curly Bird lost some weight!! yay! he's still a chubby guy but he is down from 75 to 71. my husband said that he probably took a number 2 before going to the vet but I'm going to say he lost weight :) The vet even said that he was looking really good and thought he was in overall great health (but added he could lose about 5 more lbs but not to stress out too much about it). This is the same vet that said "That is an obese dog" when he first saw Curly. Winning all around.

In other news, Curly has hit his terrible 2's and he started becoming overly dominant with our other dogs, especially when it comes to attention from my husband.Right now it occurs a bit randomly but we have pinpointed moments he becomes aggressive/dominant towards our other two dogs. Sometimes it happens when my husband is petting the other two or if he is playing with Curly and the other two try to take the toy he's playing with or try to get my husband's attention. It doesn't happen all the time but it's starting so we are correcting him when he does act up.

We also kennel all of our dogs together (we have a play pen setup with huge pillows in the middle) and Curly usually is the first one in. If my husband tries to put the other two dogs to bed, Curly will try to fight one of the two but if I put them to bed, he goes right to sleep. There is obviously some link between my husband and him behaving aggressively. I have now told my husband that I will put them to bed every night to avoid an altercation.

Hopefully, he will just outgrow this stage with us being consistent with our training. AND fortunately I am home all day so I can keep a close eye on them.

Anyhow - that's our latest update and woes :) we're all doing well.

IMG_2914[1].JPG

IMG_2899[1].JPG

IMG_2814[1].JPG
IMG_2782[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2903[1].JPG
    IMG_2903[1].JPG
    727.7 KB · Views: 156

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hi [MENTION=9956]nubonics[/MENTION] I was wondering why you were MIA. I am glad to hear from you and to hear that Curly is doing well. Congratulations Curly on your weight reduction and I will tell you that you too can get a serious work-out in this snow. I think I lost five pounds but my wife would probably say the same thing as your hubby (BTW hi Stu).

Great to hear from you.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi and Welcome back. Thank you for the update on Curly and the gang. I'm glad he's doing so well. Hope to,see more of you on here.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Hi [MENTION=9956]nubonics[/MENTION] I was wondering why you were MIA. I am glad to hear from you and to hear that Curly is doing well. Congratulations Curly on your weight reduction and I will tell you that you too can get a serious work-out in this snow. I think I lost five pounds but my wife would probably say the same thing as your hubby (BTW hi Stu).

Great to hear from you.

Stu says hello!! We've been snowed in for quite a few days and he finally got back to work yesterday.

We dug a huge snow maze for the dogs in our yard so they did not have to jump through the snow (my smallest dog is only about 16 inches tall so she would have been buried - we got about 26 inches). The maze was the most amazing idea ever and I should have taken a picture/video of them running around in it before they made the snow yellow and dirty looking. There is always next time!!

The snow was definitely a work out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Curly looks great, and so happy to hear that he is A-OK :) I love the picture of the crew walking in their jackets. :D

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Thx for the update!! Curly reminds me of Bass - :heart: - something in those sweet brown eyes!! For once, our winter has been extremely mild (knocking)…can't say I mind at all, though we did just invest in new sleds and snow pants for all four girls and they're getting more use indoors than out :rolleyes: Anywho, great to see Curly!!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Great Photos!!! Glad to hear Curly is slimming down!

Love that photo of him and the kitty.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Stu says hello!! We've been snowed in for quite a few days and he finally got back to work yesterday.

We dug a huge snow maze for the dogs in our yard so they did not have to jump through the snow (my smallest dog is only about 16 inches tall so she would have been buried - we got about 26 inches). The maze was the most amazing idea ever and I should have taken a picture/video of them running around in it before they made the snow yellow and dirty looking. There is always next time!!

The snow was definitely a work out!

OH yeah it is. Here is a link to an earlier thread...I have some pics in there on page 7. Please see http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/general-not-bulldog-talk/49404-noreaster-blizzard-7.html

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Curly - you handsome devil -- be good for Mom/Dad... no bullying your siblings is allowed!

Good to see you ... glad the boy is good and things are busy but well!

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] we still need to do a play date - perhaps some time in spring. We aren't going to be east coasters much longer. My husband is getting new orders soon.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] we still need to do a play date - perhaps some time in spring. We aren't going to be east coasters much longer. My husband is getting new orders soon.

Do you know where you are heading?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ft Carson - Colorado Springs

Wow... Not too gar from [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.