Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best way to extract a bully form your body parts.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Best way to extract a bully form your body parts.

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Let out a loud yelp when Daisy bites. Then say no.
    AGREED!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes rjisaterp liked this post
    Real Name
    Olive
    Country
    Ireland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    George Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KimDe View Post
    Mine didn't like it from the start as a puppy. But you have to have a couple of squirts on the socks.

I find strong smells deter him (as I said hot sauce worked on the walls that he chewed on). He is 9 months now and rarely goes after my feet anymore and its usually because he was cuddling and lost his chew toy and starts mouthing things.

A good command to start practicing is leave it. I will put a treat on the floor (cover up as needed when they lunge for it) and say leave it. When he doesn't eat it he gets a treat. Eventually you start giving him treats when he makes eye contact and doesn't eat the treat on the floor. It works great for when he is wondering around the house with me to stop him getting into things. He will sniff everything and put everything in his mouth.

Don't worry the phase will pass. As a side note, I don't play tug of war with mine because he aggressively tries to get you to play with toys. He won't bite but he will growl and this could be off-putting to children. I won't throw him the ball until he is calm and sitting and then when he comes back and shakes his head and growls I ignore him until he sits next to me. At that point he gets pets and praise and after a bit I say drop it and take the ball from his mouth and start over. You can also apply this concept to petting so that they only get pet when they are sitting.
    Thanks I don't really play tug as he growls and like that I think it can form aggressive tendencies but unfortunately I have some family members (that I have asked not to) play tug with him and it is not something I can do anything about as these people are so touchy about things and can't see what they are doing wrong. There is also the issue with constant petting and talking to the dog like he's a toddler. George likes quiet and peace he doesn't like to be petted much and is a much calmer dog when it is quiet in the house. George is just nearly 8 months now and there's no sign of him stopping the chewing or foot attacks but I will keep trying and I will try the method you have outlined. But as I've mentioned these outbursts are usually following some outside interference from my nearby family visiting several times a day.

4. Likes Harriett liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, Kash, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

another vote for the water bottle...works every time

6. Likes Harriett liked this post
    Country
    Ireland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

So I did the water bottle thing and have to say it worked a treat, I made the kids sit on the floor with her and she was biting their hands but after 3 sprays in 10 minutes she stopped and hasn't done it again. Now she is like a different puppy the kids sit and play with her alday and adore her, she has settled in here so well, after only 10 days of crate training she is going to the back door to be let out and also I don't think I will be needing puppy classes as she is so clever and learns command vey quickly. Overall I think Daisy is our perfect pooch

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Harriett View Post
    So I did the water bottle thing and have to say it worked a treat, I made the kids sit on the floor with her and she was biting their hands but after 3 sprays in 10 minutes she stopped and hasn't done it again. Now she is like a different puppy the kids sit and play with her alday and adore her, she has settled in here so well, after only 10 days of crate training she is going to the back door to be let out and also I don't think I will be needing puppy classes as she is so clever and learns command vey quickly. Overall I think Daisy is our perfect pooch
    I have a 4 year old grandson, and he has learned to yell NO and clap his hands. That seems to work w/Willow, but I have also used the water bottle at times.

Remember puppy class is also a great socialization time for Daisy… it cannot be stressed enough to socialize your dog PLENTY in the early years so they can get along w/other dogs.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Country
    Ireland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I have a 4 year old grandson, and he has learned to yell NO and clap his hands. That seems to work w/Willow, but I have also used the water bottle at times.

Remember puppy class is also a great socialization time for Daisy… it cannot be stressed enough to socialize your dog PLENTY in the early years so they can get along w/other dogs.
    Lucky enough my 2 friends have also got new puppy's and we have had a few play dates indoors, it's great fun watching them ��

10. Likes ddnene liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads