Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever had to give up a bully?

Bully Bootie Duty BuddercupKelly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Have you ever had to give up a bully?

Thank you so much for you understanding words. It is killing me trying to decide what is best for this baby. I would love not to give him up. He is definitely my emotional support. I have a great family, but there is nothing like a bully who will just sit with you for hours while you cry and hug him.

Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

I just want to thank you all for your kind words and support. I am going to do everything in my power to get this tail pocket thing worked out, even if we have to amputate it, so he can move in at my mom's first. I just hate putting him through a surgery. He already has a slight heart issue. If this doesn't work, I will do the rescue thing. Thank you for all your support with this and words of encouragement. I really appreciate you guys.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Your story is very similar to mine, Kelly, and so undeserved to happen to you
    or anyone. It's very embarrassing altho it shouldn't be but we live in a very
    judgmental world, if everything doesn't work out right then it must be our
    bad decisions or fault!

Understandably you are overwhelmed and beat up right now from what's
    happened (rightfully so), your Hubby's death was so recent, that alone is
    so difficult to get beyond and back to functioning. My sincere condolences
    on his loss, Kelly , and the loss of your home as well. I too, lost my husband,
    my home & health insurance 3 years ago so I completely understand your
    dilemma. Five months after losing Hubby, my 1st bully died unexpectedly...
    it just continued to get worse & worse. You feel like you are being punished
    and you feel guilty & tormented...the great news is...this group is so very kind
    and compassionate, like a big 'ole family and we'll help you find yourself again.
    This is what EBN did for me & others here, so much more than a bulldog club.

My advice is to get a 2nd opinion, try the remedies suggested and see where it
    goes. Can you crate him at Mom's or is there a 'lil room he can be in (utility room)
    while he's healing up? Many here have had tail amputations and did well afterwards.
    Don't give in just yet unless you just can't do this anymore. If so...Honey...it's okay!
    Then a good rescue can take him, fix him and find a forever home. None of us are
    super humans and there's only so much we can take, especially after the tragedies
    you're still going thru...YOU come 1st!

Yes, I've had to give up beloved pets, sometimes that's the best & only option for all.
    I send love & prayers and you can private msg me any time, Kelly...HUGS!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Thank you Carol. It's great to know I am not alone. I am working on getting him another appointment and second opinion. So, just continue to pray all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    Your story is very similar to mine, Kelly, and so undeserved to happen to you
    or anyone. It's very embarrassing altho it shouldn't be but we live in a very
    judgmental world, if everything doesn't work out right then it must be our
    bad decisions or fault!

Understandably you are overwhelmed and beat up right now from what's
    happened (rightfully so), your Hubby's death was so recent, that alone is
    so difficult to get beyond and back to functioning. My sincere condolences
    on his loss, Kelly , and the loss of your home as well. I too, lost my husband,
    my home & health insurance 3 years ago so I completely understand your
    dilemma. Five months after losing Hubby, my 1st bully died unexpectedly...
    it just continued to get worse & worse. You feel like you are being punished
    and you feel guilty & tormented...the great news is...this group is so very kind
    and compassionate, like a big 'ole family and we'll help you find yourself again.
    This is what EBN did for me & others here, so much more than a bulldog club.

My advice is to get a 2nd opinion, try the remedies suggested and see where it
    goes. Can you crate him at Mom's or is there a 'lil room he can be in (utility room)
    while he's healing up? Many here have had tail amputations and did well afterwards.
    Don't give in just yet unless you just can't do this anymore. If so...Honey...it's okay!
    Then a good rescue can take him, fix him and find a forever home. None of us are
    super humans and there's only so much we can take, especially after the tragedies
    you're still going thru...YOU come 1st!

Yes, I've had to give up beloved pets, sometimes that's the best & only option for all.
    I send love & prayers and you can private msg me any time, Kelly...HUGS!

5. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama, Texas Carol liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads