Bulldog one year and a month, hes pretty much done growing right?

brown20025

Jan 25, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Simba
My boy samba is a year and a month, I was wondering if hes pretty much done growing? I haven't seen him change much lately. He stopped getting taller 3-4 months ago and then he started getting wider but it looks like the growth stopped, does that sound correct?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Not always. Bulldogs tend to grow up the first year and out the second year with their heads continuing to grow until they are 3.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not always. Bulldogs tend to grow up the first year and out the second year with their heads continuing to grow until they are 3.

:up:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
No. Bulldogs grow up/height the 1st year and out the 2nd and 3rd year. Their head and chest continue to grow after they achieve their height.

OP
B

brown20025

Jan 25, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Simba
Really? I was kinda hoping he would stay as he is, hes the perfect size not too big not too small. If hes gonna continue to grow for two more years hes gonna be HUGEEEEEE :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Really? I was kinda hoping he would stay as he is, hes the perfect size not too big not too small. If hes gonna continue to grow for two more years hes gonna be HUGEEEEEE :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

it is all good. Just watch his weight. Weight is not forgiving on the joints. every bully grow in size differently.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Pleading for pics of your handsome Simba!

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik

I thought mine was looking kind of skinny at 9 months. He's already 53 pounds and 28 inches around the chest. I'm kinda scared now of how big he will get. At least I saw these posts and am not in for a surprise.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
They don't grow as much from 1-2 or 2-3 years old, but they do fill up. Sometimes they reach their full size at 4 years.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
He's named after the king of pride rock, I'm sure he's going to be a big strong boy :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.