PCBulldog

Dec 16, 2010
Panama City Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Looking for English bulldog (PCB)

Date: 2011-02-22, 6:37PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone had information on english bulldogs possibly on breeders or shelters that are looking for a home for one. I recently have posted on here something similar about a week ago, and all i got back was acouple people trying to take money with no intention of giving me a dog. So please if you any info on this particular breed please email me

Man looking for pup

So here is what i sent him

Do some research first. A repeatable breeder will not be on Craig's list and will definitely not respond to open question like this. To find an English Bulldog you are going to have to find a breeder and have some money saved. First to cover the cost $1200 to $3000 then for all of the vet visits. English Bulldogs have a lot of health problems and you need to know what you are getting in to before you just buy one. Check out www.englishbulldognews.com there is a ton of information on there. There are a lot of great breeders out there don’t just give your money to someone with out doing the research first. If you have any more questions email me back. Hope this helps

Then I had to put it on here just to see what everyone else thought. :crazy: Sorry just had to vent a little

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I see this all the time on Craigslist. It is upsetting that someone out there is looking for a "cheap" bulldog puppy. and you are correct in saying...you need to have money saved for vet bills. I mean if they can't afford the dog, how are they going to afford the medical issues. This is the exact reason why rescues get these kinds of dogs.
fosters.jpg

It is so sad. I also hate the ones that say. "the owners didn't want it any more and I can't keep it" then goes on to say there is a re-homing fee. Ha right, they want to profit from someone elses dog. I don't think so, they are just to embarrassed to say they are getting rid of their dog. Makes my blood boil.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I think the vet bills part might be why we ended up with Chunk. She was a young girl who bought him with her bf, they broke up and neither could keep him. She moved back home with her parents where there were already two other dogs and think they put their foot down. (She also has a horse, maybe other pets.) Hopefully, she doesn't make a mistake like this again ... I'm happy that he came to us but imagine if he didn't! So sad. :( Worst part is, most of the rescues won't consider us because we live in an apartment (which by the way is two floors, 2 bedrooms with a large backyard area - larger than a lot of homes) and don't have a fenced yard ... which I personally think is silly because I do more walking than the dogs. Plus we often go to my parent's house where Chunk runs around for as long as he likes. A fenced backyard is just not necessary to me. Makes me crazy because we have wanted to rescue for so long.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
That is ridiculous.

I'm amazed at the amount of uninformed people that just go out and buy dogs without putting any thought or research in to the breed. I can not tell you the amount of people that have seen my Delilah and decided "omg I just have to have one, I'm going to go to the pet store and get one!" ...no.

It's reasons like this that we end up with backyard breeders and more unhealthy bullies.

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeeell, I can't say that I did my homework about the breed either.......but the difference with me.......is....I don't do anything without seeing it through. I'm a stickler on commitment. Hell I've been married only once to my wife of 31 years, I did twenty years in the military. I chose these paths with the tenacity of a bulldog....knowing they weren't easy....commitment never is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes Duke is expensive.......but he is my only spoiled rotten child.......so hang the cost........I can do with out for the welfare and health of my bud. It's called total love......total commitment. It's not always the people who have money (and it shouldn't be) who have success in raising bulldogs. It's the people who can love and care for them and are willing to take on the commitment. I think all AKC Bulldog breeders know this.......and would rather match a bulldog to a committed family versus a rich one. If the people aren't committed most will refuse the sale. That's why it is so important to advise people to search out AKC Breeders so that we can let them determine whether the people looking for a dog are ready to handle the responsibility.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I agree with Chunksmama, We applied at three local shelters and Rescues and but because our yard was not fenced in they would not let us adopt(Our yard is huge!!!) I cryed so many times because I really wanted to get a rescue dog. I wished they would have visited our home and walked the property.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That is so sad to see things like this on craigslist ... there was one on our local site that was from a guy trying to sell his motor bike ... he listed how much cash he would accept OR an english bulldog puppy ...... what????????? :eek:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.