brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I think Brutus may actually be the death of me. He has this squeaky ball that thanks to [MENTION=3193]bella100[/MENTION] who gave him his first one last christmas, he is now completely obsessed! I have a standing order on amazon for when they break. He always has this ball either in his mouth or next to him. He drives us crazy with it because he constantly wants to play. We sometimes take it away for the night so we can have some peace and the next moring he is standing at the cabinet waiting for his bally. well it broke Friday night and we decided to see if we could try to wean him off the ball. Well this morning he ate his breakfast and went potty but he is laying around the house kind of lethargic not wanting to play which is very unusual for him. I am not going to panic right away, but I really think he is drpressed over the loss of his ball. I have sent the kids out to get an emergency ball from petco. He did not eat anything he shouldn't have as far as I know. Does anyone think this is a riduculous theory? Should I call the vet later? I will report how he is after he receives his new ball. I'm panicking l little. :nervous:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Don't panic, he just wants his ball that's all and is kind of throwing a temper tantrum, Buster does this to us all the time. Spoiled piggies I tell ya.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not ridiculous at all.... Lambeau will do this when we take his ball away or if he can not get to the ONE orange ball that he wants to play with (the other 13 in the pile are not good enough). Cheli will also not plat at times if he wants a certain stuffy instead of what we have on the floor..... toddlers, I tell ya, toddlers.

keep us posted

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hah. I wouldn't panic. Tyson throws tantrums too if we take something away or if we don't give him something he wants. More like pouting, LOL

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Not ridic at all! as you know my Brutus is the SAME way about his ball! He wants his damn ball mom! I'm looking forward to hearing what happens when his new ball comes.

so i have to say i have lost 2 of the 10 inch red jolly balls in 3 weeks....seriously who looses a giant red ball. So i have standing orders with Amazon for jolly balls.
I felt awful saturday when we were headed to our friends house, the tailgate dropped on brian's truck(I never drive his truck and I must have not slammed it hard enough) and brutus' jolly ball flew out, I searched the area for 15 mins looking for that ball, traffic and everything, i was finding that effing ball....it just disappeared on the road.... He was soooo sad when i told him he wasn't going to have a ball to play with.
His new one should be arriving tomorrow!

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok, reports from home are that Bru man is acting normal and running wild with his brand new bally! I will observe for myself and attach a pic when I get home! HE IS SUCH A SPOILED SPOILED BRAT!!!!! :yell::facepalm::bulldog:

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
and i ALMOST didnt buy that original ball :w00t: he just wanted his ball haha i love him!!!!

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Not ridic at all! as you know my Brutus is the SAME way about his ball! He wants his damn ball mom! I'm looking forward to hearing what happens when his new ball comes.

so i have to say i have lost 2 of the 10 inch red jolly balls in 3 weeks....seriously who looses a giant red ball. So i have standing orders with Amazon for jolly balls.
I felt awful saturday when we were headed to our friends house, the tailgate dropped on brian's truck(I never drive his truck and I must have not slammed it hard enough) and brutus' jolly ball flew out, I searched the area for 15 mins looking for that ball, traffic and everything, i was finding that effing ball....it just disappeared on the road.... He was soooo sad when i told him he wasn't going to have a ball to play with.
His new one should be arriving tomorrow!

dooley loves the moose!!! i think i may have this problem with him over it haha

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Here is crazy man with his new ball image.jpeg

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Sounds normal to me. Harlea pouted for days when her stuffy Otis bit the dust and didn't have one for a week or so.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Can I see a pic of the ball?!? Always looking for a new durable you for these monsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
That is too funny! I am glad that he was just pouting over his ball and not sick. Frank loves all of his toys but has never gotten depressed over any of them. I think it is because he has so many. He does get depressed when he can't sit outside in the sun though. He will just mope around until he can go outside and sit.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh LORD… well I'm sure Wally would act the same if something happened to his varsity ball outside. I swear this dogs can be a real PITA sometimes… Lol

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
So we are going through a similar experience…Bass' Christmas present (Baby, the green squeaky football that sounds like it's actually saying "Seeeeaa-Baaaass"…has been with him EVERY DAY! He is in love and when we take it away at certain times of the day he will either get anxious or pout. The moment we say "Where's you Baby" he will run around like a horse at a race track trying to find "Baby"… I think it's kinda super cute…just another one of those adorable bullie-behaviour quirks :heartsign:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Chum is ball obsessed...turns into a lunatic when he gets that ball abs slobbers all over it off hours..he has extrem possession aggression!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online