quick question....

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
How do some of you respond when someone tells you they need to find a home for their dog, that they just had for a few months, because they realize they don't have time for it and it isn't fair to the dog....... you know what goes thru my head... I'm probably not allowed to say it on here... and i know my dad would roll over in his grave if he heard me say it.. (ok, im a preachers daughter.. no judging) lol.. but really it makes me so angry... why can't they be honest and just say i don't want it... yeah.. i furious.. i know they tell me because they know i love dogs and they think i have connections or something... but crap.. all it does is upset me.. now i worry about the poor dog until i know it has a good home.. grrrr.. yeah.. im mad, upset, worried.. all at the same time.. i'm to old for this.. sorry, had to get it out..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We do our best to help find a new home---- a lot of people just do not understand or realize the time, effort and money that goes into owning a pet... I don't comprehend it totally, but it happens all the tome

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
We do our best to help find a new home---- a lot of people just do not understand or realize the time, effort and money that goes into owning a pet... I don't comprehend it totally, but it happens all the tome
but the thing is.. this guy use to live beside us and owned a dog before... now hes divorced and lives alone... he of all people should know all about the time it takes and he really should have more time now then ever before... sorry.. i can't seem to understand it... i'm trying.. i really am.. but its not happening yet.. i think if i could get past the anger first it may help..

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
It is difficult to understand. People like us can't comprehend how you can give up a dog or other pet so easily because they really are family to us. To others they are just objects or possessions that they get tired of and can't devote attention or time to. It's so sad. I can't even imagine giving up one of my dogs. It's enough to make a preachers daughter curse!

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
It is difficult to understand. People like us can't comprehend how you can give up a dog or other pet so easily because they really are family to us. To others they are just objects or possessions that they get tired of and can't devote attention or time to. It's so sad. I can't even imagine giving up one of my dogs. It's enough to make a preachers daughter curse!

you are so right.... darn it.. lol... i think that is exactly what i wanted to hear.. someone else explain it to me.. you are right.. i can't comprehend and it more so because before he got the dog he came to me and asked me many questions about bulldogs.. he knew going into it what it took to care for them and their needs and i even tried to talk him out of it because part of me thought it wasn't the right time for him.. but you said it.. they look at them like objects.. it sickens me.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I had two friends come to me yesterday to tell me that they knew of people that were rehoming their bulldogs. One because of a divorce and the other because they got a new job… I do NOT understand it. I guess because we have never been in that position, and I hate to judge but personally when you treat dogs like your family you realize that they no matter what happens in life they are part of the picture.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
One time my husband and I had to move to Maryland,to take care of my parents. I had two horses,a cow I raised on a bottle, and 5 dogs at the time. It took forever, but we finally found an old farmhouse that the owner let us rent. There was no way I was going to give up my "family". Too bad I didn't know [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] then, I would have moved everyone in with him!!:ROFL:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
One time my husband and I had to move to Maryland,to take care of my parents. I had two horses,a cow I raised on a bottle, and 5 dogs at the time. It took forever, but we finally found an old farmhouse that the owner let us rent. There was no way I was going to give up my "family". Too bad I didn't know @rjisaterp then, I would have moved everyone in with him!!:ROFL:

Sure but we have one rule....5 Texans per bed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.