Question: Beds or Blankets for their Kennel?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
So Penny is pretty much as perfect as a dog gets. Her only flaw is she LOVES to chew on her bed in her kennel during the day. Between the 2 of them (since July), I've bought 6 or 7 beds. Lockjaw doesn't chew his bed (anymore) so he is good in that department. So i'm wondering, should I just put a plushy blanket in there for her? What works for u guys? I also make sure they have different chew toys/ antlers in there while we're gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jewel was exactly the same way with her bedding. We told her No...but I think it is out of boredom despite all the toys and chew bones we put in with her. The wife would just buy another one and place it in her crate. She has since grown out of it.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, my guys can't have any blankets, towels, pillows, or stuffed animals in their crate at all, as they eat and swallow everything. They lay on the plastic tray, and I feel bad for them, but they don't seem to. I don't, and I can't trust them, because they shred, chew and swallow the material and the stuffing. I'm afraid they will choke or get sick. They do have oversized pillows that they use during the day, when they are out of the crate, but they only have them when we are home and can supervise them. If I see one of them chewing the pillow, all I have to say is No, and they stop chewing it. They either lay on their pillows during the day, or they sleep on the couch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    559.6 KB · Views: 29
OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION], oh- I hope she outgrows it as well. I agree- I think it's out of boredom. I try to make sure I alternate the toys I place in there when we leave and they only get their antlers while in their crate (bc otherwise they fight over each other's antler). So that usually will keep her occupied for a while. I'm going to get a primo pad as a last ditch effort. Lol. If she chews that, it's blankets and sheets from there on out. Lol

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION], oh- they are precious!! They are both good with blankets/towels. But not anything plushy! They destroy and eat! Lol - I'm nervous like you. I'm slowing finding toys that are harder and harder for them to tear apart. Have u tried or heard of the primo pad? It's been suggested a few times on the forums and seems like a legit crate pad. I'm going to try that- her last chance to redeem herself! Lol

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
@Vikinggirl, oh- they are precious!! They are both good with blankets/towels. But not anything plushy! They destroy and eat! Lol - I'm nervous like you. I'm slowing finding toys that are harder and harder for them to tear apart. Have u tried or heard of the primo pad? It's been suggested a few times on the forums and seems like a legit crate pad. I'm going to try that- her last chance to redeem herself! Lol

Thanks Corine. I haven't heard of the Primo Pad, but will definitely check out the website. We only give Dozer and Blossom the Kong toys, the Jolly Ball, and JWow toys, they all are hard and stand up to their chewing.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
@rjisaterp, oh- I hope she outgrows it as well. I agree- I think it's out of boredom. I try to make sure I alternate the toys I place in there when we leave and they only get their antlers while in their crate (bc otherwise they fight over each other's antler). So that usually will keep her occupied for a while. I'm going to get a primo pad as a last ditch effort. Lol. If she chews that, it's blankets and sheets from there on out. Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Jewel did. And now that Jewel and Bentley has the run of the downstairs, I hope she does not decide on chewing the furniture. But alas, the queen of upholstery fixing is [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION], a master of using duct tape and who can provide great pointers on the repair of such.

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] - lol! I've seen some of her work on here. Mine are only 9 months (on Sunday), so they still have a little way to go before we trust them to free roam. So far though they've been pretty good about avoiding furniture. They've tried to "dual" chew one of my kitchen chairs- but a stern NO got them to stop. Other than that I really haven't had an issue.

Members online

No members online now.