COUPLE QUESTIONS SINCE IM STILL NEW AT HAVING TWO....

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
everyone knows we now have dooley, hes very sweet love him!! BUT when we got to bed he lays right down on his bed at the foot of ours snoring away as any other bully does at 2-3 in the morning he wants to wake up roll on his back bathe himself (im trying to sleep lol) roll around on the floor and of course he is grunting and carrying on so bella gets up to see what hes doing. so i move his bed to the living room and shut my door, he peed on the floor i cant put him in the crate at night too he already is in it longer than i want him to be during the day. also i cant feed them together he gobbles his up then runs over to gobble hers well he tries and we stop him then he acts as if he is in trouble bows down on floor i feel bad but he has to get used to doing things our way. bella eats in the morning and at night and i think his other mom left food out all the time bc she didnt want to mess with him. i just dont know what to do i made him sit until bella got done eating yesterday and i dont want to get on to him for rolling and making noise in the middle of the night i guess it just boils down to i dont want dooley to get mixed signals. :ohmy:
thanks yall sorry for such a long post.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
two words tough love. Dooley needs to learn the law of the land.

He'll come around and understand eventually. Yup don't feel sorry for him. He is well loved by his peeps.

It is all good.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
He just needs some time to learn your rules and your household. Keep correcting him on what behaviors you will tolerate and what you won't. We had to do the same thing when Brutus came to us. it took him a while to learn our rules here...don't eat the cat took a very long time for him to learn, as did...sleeping in his own bed. Dooley will get the hang of it!

To keep him sleeping all night maybe try to wear his mind out with simple training....sit, stay, that kind of thing. The mental stimulation wears them out more than a walk.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have to agree, you need hime to do what you want him to do and actually he probably would love the structure. I've heard so many times that by not training our babies to do what we want we're kind of depriving them of a natural pack like thing.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ugh, if we could get frankie to learn our rules and some manners ANYTHING is possible!! Just give it time and be consistent

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Your the boss be gentle and Make sure they both follow you rules , you are doing it right just keep going enforce how you want them to behave . I am in Love with Dooley

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He just needs some time to learn your rules and your household. Keep correcting him on what behaviors you will tolerate and what you won't. We had to do the same thing when Brutus came to us. it took him a while to learn our rules here...don't eat the cat took a very long time for him to learn, as did...sleeping in his own bed. Dooley will get the hang of it!

To keep him sleeping all night maybe try to wear his mind out with simple training....sit, stay, that kind of thing. The mental stimulation wears them out more than a walk.

great advice! totally agree.... keep consistent and let him follow the rules

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
We have to stop Lola from paw licking in the middle of the night too. I use my feet to put between her mouth and her paws for a moment, then back under the covers with me (its winter!). Repeat if necessary. No comments, no talking, no one wants to be awake, just something to stop the grooming.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/everyone… Willow will gobble down ALL food, and she was free fed which I absolutely HATE. She acts like she's starving, and we all know that is the furthest from the truth. I have a crate in our bathroom so I can hear her but she's still in her crate. Since she's nowhere near potty trained, she will not get free rein.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.