Looking for Toy Recommendations

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I am looking for toy recommendations for my bully. He has finally chewed through his puppy Kong toys. He loves stuffies but specifically attacks the arms and rips them off. He also loves chasing water bottles. He also is mostly only interested in toys when he can play with me or sit in my lap. I am looking for toys that I can leave with him while I am at work and also toys that I can supervise.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nylabones, anters and marrow bones .... I keep marrow bones in the freeze with peanut butter in them for a special treat, but they also love just chewing on them when in their crates

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Have you had any problems with breaking a tooth? He has the Benebone Bacon Flavored Wishbone Chew Toy and he loves it but I am concerned about him breaking a tooth and the shavings that he creates.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Have you had any problems with breaking a tooth? He has the Benebone Bacon Flavored Wishbone Chew Toy and he loves it but I am concerned about him breaking a tooth and the shavings that he creates.

No, I have used the marrow bones and antlers for about 10 years on 4 different pups (3 bulldogs and 1 French Bulldog)... never an issue

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Nylabones, anters and marrow bones .... I keep marrow bones in the freeze with peanut butter in them for a special treat, but they also love just chewing on them when in their crates

AGREED and NO rattles been there done that not worth your dogs life , they ingest them , The antlers are a bit pricey but worth every penny and we have Nylabones every where all sorts of flavours Rosie loves those also there are different grades of Nylabones , like for pups and older dogs as there teeth get stronger and or loose there baby teeth .

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My dogs have a toy box full of all kinds of Nylabone Durabones. They even have hooves and antlers made by durabone. They can not have any stuffies, they are not worth the risk .

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I recently got mine some Kong tires- you can slip in treats as well. They have held up nicely. The "play strong" brand is pretty good. The ones that hold treats by "star box" Inthink. Those have done well. Kong wubbas- large ones. Benebones, antlers. No studies at all. Regular Penn tennis balls are awesome. Super cheap and so far have held up he longest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we also have a limb amputation issue with stuffies, but Lola loves them so much we just watch her with them and snatch them up as she goes. She's really only into eating the stuffing anyway (she's good not to ingest things for the most part). We use the flexichews for Lola because she did crack a tooth on either the durachew mega bone or a deer antler. She has had many many many deer antlers, but I took them away once her tooth needed extracted and never gave them back because some of her other teeth have chips. I mean, she would chew antlers FOREVER growing up. The shavings from the durabones are fine to ingest, and the flexibones also shed tiny rubbery bits, but Lola doesnt eat the big ones. If your bully will eat the big chunks, no flexibones for you. I like them because they keep her teeth clean!

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
My Dozer didn't play with many toys until he won the Tuggo toy from this webiste. OMGosh he and I both love that thing. You should check it out. It is adorable watching him carry this ball around and play with it. It's indestructable except for the rope and I believe that can be replaced.

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
My Dozer didn't play with many toys until he won the Tuggo toy from this webiste. OMGosh he and I both love that thing. You should check it out. It is adorable watching him carry this ball around and play with it. It's indestructable except for the rope and I believe that can be replaced.

Fezzik loves toys (especially balls and bottles). I just bought him a jolly ball and can't wait to get my Amazon shipment.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.