ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I saw this awhile back, I have gone back to the "old school" type of tennis balls for my babies. They don't seem to care for the plastic toys anyway… Thanks for letting people know though, scary!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for this! One Kong ball is $3+, one 3 pack Wilson tennis balls is $2.50; and they last ten times longer!

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
Thank you for posting this warning - poor Maximus and so sad for his family :ohmy::(

I have gone back to the "old school" type of tennis balls for my babies.

Common tennisballs must not but could cause problems, if a dog is an excessive player and/or chewer (teeth):

Tennis balls and your dog's teeth | PetMeds Pet Health Blog

:unsure:I don't want to scare tennisball-users, I just wanted to mention it as an information to have an eye on the playing habits of one's furbaby(ies) :heart:

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
If I give Boris a Tennis ball he'll have eaten it within 10 minutes. Not sure if anyone else has issues with their EBD constantly tearing apart every toy their given. I stick to antlers cause they last forever and he never gets tired of chewing on them. We tried Nylabones, but they get sharp and tear apart the inside of his mouth and then he gets blood on almost everything he lays on...

Mishell

Apr 6, 2015
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley
Antlers all the way in our house to best chew I've ever bought worth every cent ��

Members online

No members online now.