i need to vent...

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
ok.. some of you may have read my last post about being worried about going out of town and leaving my dogs.. well, i went.. I had my sister stay to watch my dogs.. for the most part she did ok.. well, sort of.. here is my vent.. i'm hoping someone will tell me i am over reacting..
but.. i leave instructions for her to not let my gucci and abbey out with porkchop at the same time. i can let them all out at the same time but they know i am the alfa.. lol.. funny but true.. i worried gucci would try something while i was gone so i went out and bought a hugh outdoor kennel and put it in my garage that is heated and air conditioned. it is where they are kept while i am at work.. the rest of the time they are usually out in the house with me or outside, weather permitting..

so again, i say let gucci and abbey out but then put them up and let porkchop out.. i do NOT want them out at the same time. well, i get texts from her thru out my short trip and on the 3rd day i get a text saying, well gucci jumped on porkchop but i was able to get her to stop before it got out of hand.. ok,, i'm starting to get angry.. i send text back.. how did that happen?? she said well, i let gucci out then when i went to let porkchop out gucci jumped on her.. i text back: we how did gucci get out of her kennel? she says i did not have her in kennel yet.. me again: why not? her:.. i was putting her up... duh... i text her and said.. the whole idea of me buying a kennel was to keep them apart while i was gone.. you were suppose to put abbey and gucci in one while you let porkchop out then put porkchop back in hers when you let gucci and abbey out..her response is oh, im still learning.. grrrrr HOW HARD IS THAT... . ok.. i know i am a little picky with my dogs but it is how i wanted it to be.. i didn't think it was to much to ask.. my husband says i am over reacting but maybe because of a couple other things i told her to do was ignored also.. I told her that rocky will sometimes pee on his blankets on his cot and if he does to put a clean blanket on his cot.. i even told her where i had all the clean blankets... well i got home from our trip late and had to work today but i did want to go out to garage for my doggie kisses i missed and when i went to kiss my rocky i noticed his blanket was wet.. and i know by how wet it was that it had been in his pen a while and i knew it was the same blanket that was in there when i left.. if he is out then it is no problem.. but if he is in his pen for a long period of time (more then 5-6 hours) he will sometimes pee on his blanket.. i don't like him sleeping on a blanket that is wet.. grrrrr..

i admit i am picky.. but when i tell them how i want things to be and i am paying them to stay there i would like for them to do what i ask.. yes, i am thankful that nothing really bad happened.. but now i'm not sure if i can be comfortable with letting her watch them again.. i think she now understands but apparently not with everything.. i think we have more training to do.. she is old enough to understand.. .. ok.. i'm over reacting.. maybe a little.. but gosh, if i could just get her to listen.. i even had a 4 page notes wrote down .. it isn't rocket science.. i know, calm down... :bang::yell:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
It sounds like a breach of contract to me. What did you contract for? What did you get? And how much did you pay for it? Frankly, I would not have paid a thing if my instructions were not followed.

On another note, I hope you enjoyed your trip.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would so be P. Offed! I do the same thing --- 2-3 pages of instructions when I leave.... lucky my sister does our overnights and follows my OCD to the letter and if she is not sure, she calls or texts me.

More training or find someone to hire and get cameras to watch so you know it is being done right

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I find that most people overlook what they have been told because they believe they can do whatever it is you tell them to do better.

That is why I haven't been out of town since I got Chunky. The only person I would trust with him is my 17yr old nephew and between school, sport, GF, and work the guy never has anytime to do anything else.

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
its funny you mentioned camera's.. my husband said the same thing.. i paid her 100 dollars and completely filled the house of food that she liked and she brought her little dog along because i told her she couldn't leave him alone.(supplied his food also). it was Saturday evening thru Tuesday evening.. the last time i had her watch them i would come home to them having empty water bowls... luckily it was only for a day.. once i stressed that i wanted my dogs to have water at all times and fresh water she finally started getting that right.. she needs more training..I thought writing it down would help since i asked for so much, (which i didn't feel was to much). when i leave for a week i usually pay 300 for her to watch them and house sit.. i thought i was doing her a favor too because she lives on a limited income.. i have a lot of thinking to do before my next get away... at least she did get their medicine right..

oh, and other then that.. we had a great time.. would like to do it again but it won't be to soon..

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
This is the reason I don't go anywhere... I can't trust anyone with my dogs:( I don't think you're overreacting... it's important to follow routines. Glad everyone is ok and that you had a great trip:)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
IF you are paying her, then she is obligated to do as you asked. Let's put it this way, it's also for HER safety so she doesn't have to break up a dog fight. I do NOT think you are overreacting at all… my pet sitter follows my instructions to a tee because she knows that I KNOW my dogs!!!

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
yes she did not follow the instructions to a T but she is also family so just be tolerant of her shortcomings. It could have been worst.

Next time just reiterate what she needs to follow your instructions as directed.

If this occurs again then consider a replacement.

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
yes i know.. she is family and again i am trying to help her too.. and i really don't think she is doing it deliberately, i guess i really need to make sure she understands everything i want done.. i am willing to let some things slide but not very much of them.. one more chance and i will go where i can take them all or be on the look out for a new sitter.. now i am trying to think of a way to tell her without making her mad about the blanket issue.. i haven't let that go yet.. it takes me a while to get over things.. yeah, i know its one of my issues.. but i'm getting older and starting to think there is only one way to handle this type of thing.. just come out and tell her.. i may be looking sooner then i think.. don't judge me.. lol

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
This is the reason I don't go anywhere... I can't trust anyone with my dogs:( I don't think you're overreacting... it's important to follow routines. Glad everyone is ok and that you had a great trip:)

I know what you mean, same here lol

Back to OP: You instructed Porkchop be out separate from the rest. Pretty easy instruction. Could be one got out due to not secured lock ? That would be only guess why the other one got out and got on top of Porkchop. Cool name my girl has the same name Porkchop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
My opinion. I agree with your husband. Really overreacting. Nothing major happened. I would be happy all the dogs were alive and well. Never hire a family member. If you want to help your sister help her outside of dogs. Hire you a third party sitter with instructions and you will be better off. The more training is on your end versus your sister.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
[MENTION=295]punky[/MENTION] I know a guy who has bully experience image.jpeghe has this weird request though, that you pay him in hoodie strings he can tug on and oh yeah his mom might want to come too lol ;)

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
well, he can come and bring his momma.. the experience is worth it.. rocky would love that.. :giggle: plus he is cute..:yes4:

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
I know what you mean, same here lol

Back to OP: You instructed Porkchop be out separate from the rest. Pretty easy instruction. Could be one got out due to not secured lock ? That would be only guess why the other one got out and got on top of Porkchop. Cool name my girl has the same name Porkchop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my husband named her.. i fell in love with her when i seen her.. i went to pet store to buy my cat some cat treats and came out with her (dont judge me).. she started my love for the breed.. she just turned 8.. at times i wonder if she is full english but it don't really matter.. her personality is for sure.. we love her all the same.. just curious.. is your porkchop registered AKC? only ask because ours is and they had to put her name as porkchop XXVI . i never checked before i mailed in her papers if that name was available..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.