Thinking of hiring a Pet Sitter...

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Well I just read [MENTION=295]punky[/MENTION] 's thread where she vented.

What are you contracting for? What did you get? And how much did you pay for it? I think Tracey mentioned www.care.com . Well whatever you do [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] , please let us know how it turns out.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Good news, and I'll bet they remember her,too! Dogs usually remember those that they knew when they were pups. @cali baker

Leslie, the dog sitter, came by last night and Tate seemed like he remembered her. She sure remembers him and says he "doubled" in size! She cared for Tate mostly when he was only 8wks old, and then Finn came along and she might have watched him as well for a couple visits only.

She will start next Tuesday since Monday is a holiday.

[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION], I'm going through an agency called Fetch Pet Care. They charge me $20 per visit (plus a 10% discount); the visit is only 15min and will entail Leslie taking them out for a potty break, cleaning any messes they make, stretching their legs outdoors for a bit, and then giving them a small snack.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Leslie, the dog sitter, came by last night and Tate seemed like he remembered her. She sure remembers him and says he "doubled" in size! She cared for Tate mostly when he was only 8wks old, and then Finn came along and she might have watched him as well for a couple visits only.

She will start next Tuesday since Monday is a holiday.

[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION], I'm going through an agency called Fetch Pet Care. They charge me $20 per visit (plus a 10% discount); the visit is only 15min and will entail Leslie taking them out for a potty break, cleaning any messes they make, stretching their legs outdoors for a bit, and then giving them a small snack.
Well it is a plus Tate and you know Leslie. Oh the things we do for our kids.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Today will be the first day the pet sitter, Leslie, will visit the boys. I'm praying that everything will go smoothly and I hope Finn won't pee in his "house" (play-pen) :pray:. Over the weekend I met their back-up sitter, Nick, and Elizabeth, who is the owner of Fetch Pet Care and who will also be the back-up if Leslie or Nick cannot make it!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] The boys will be happy(I hope) to have a break during the day! Hope all goes well. If so, it will certainly ease your mind(guilt) of them being alone all day! Good luck you boys-enjoy! Be good boys for the Bully Sitter!:yes:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, Leslie sent me a text right after her visit with the boys; she said Finn was quite reluctant to go outside with her and when he and Tate finally did go into the backyard, neither of them went potty (!) This is very unusual for Finn! Tate on the other hand, can hold his bladder for hours. Do you think Finn was just anxious b/c this was a brand new scenario for him? The main reason i wanted the sitter in the first place was to give Finn a pee-break so he wouldn't pee in his play pen. Of course, when I got home at 5pm this evening, he did indeed pee in his pen :(

I'm hopeful he will get used to this new routine, feel more comfortable with Leslie, and do his business when she visits. Tomorrow is another day...:potty:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] I would think he would get used to it after a few times, and pee outside. If not-more wash!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm sure they will get the hang of it and start doing their business. Maybe if she could come a hour or so later....

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Today's sitter-visit was better---both of them peed! yay! :)

I would love to come home tonight to find that Finn's pen is accident-free. I got him some new pee "training" pads. Honestly, I don't know how these are really supposed to work though (???) I did get the "extra strength" odor and stain remover too. Anyway, that's my potty report for the day!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] What a good report for today! Good boys! I hope it helps with the blanket peeing!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.