OP
P

Plywood

Nov 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
The cool thing about this pen is you can add more panels to it if you need more room.

will this stay in place if they jump on the panels? My pup will jump on the panels for sure

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
will this stay in place if they jump on the panels? My pup will jump on the panels for sure
Out of the box no. They make supports that go across the top that will lock the shape in place or you can make them yourself with thin trim board you get from Lowes or Home Depot.

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
We have the 8 panel version of the one below. To keep Harlea from moving it across the room we put one of her coolaroo's in it. She can still move part of it but not the whole thing. Been using is since we got her without any issues.

Amazon.com : IRIS Indoor/Outdoor Plastic Pet Pen with 4 Panels : Pet Playpens : Pet Supplies

I also used this pet pen when Boris was a puppy and it was a godsend. It's not the sturdiest pen, but I put it in a corner and weighted it down and had zero issues.

Utley

Jul 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Utley and Bella
I took these pics this morning. I'm still fine-tuning the set up but I like how I can have the crate flow into the play-pen. This way, Finn has much more room to stretch his legs during the day. I will probably place some pee-pads in the pen area too b/c he cannot hold his bladder for the long stretches of time that I'm not home but at least he won't soil his crate space and then have nowhere to go. :D

View attachment 94758 View attachment 94759 View attachment 94760

Just a heads up we had Bella in a pen connected to her crate and she got out. Did not have the doggy cam at the time but our only guess was that she jumped on top of the crate since it is lower than the pen [emoji39]. She had fun eating the kids Christmas candy from their stockings and we had a panic attack and a large bill to pay. Luckily they are both fine but just wanted to share. I know our Bella may be a little more agile them most bullies. Utley would never of been able to jump on top of the crate. Good luck and hope it works out[emoji106].

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We used something like this when Orion was a baby. We had a total of 8 panels...but 6 was enough when we first brought her home. This was over 6 years ago....used many times. The last few years we used it to keep Orion OUT of the tomato plants.... and they are not made for long term outdoor use. They are now somewhere in a landfill I'm sure.

Two summers of rain and the plastic snapped in half (we got them off of craigslist...so who know how they were stored before we got them.)

Then we were given a playpen. That worked well for about 2 1/2 days. Until she learned how to get in and out of it herself.

So we took that down right before Christmas. She is not happy. She loved to be in there with her stinky bears...but she was getting territorial any time Vegas walked by. She would run into the side of the playpen forcing it to move across the room. She literally threw herself into the side and moved it 1/2 way across the family room.

So... out of the two options, I would agree with the 8 panel set up. The great thing about this is you can add to the setup. Add 4 more panels and you can include the kennel inside the pen. But...watch out if you have a bulldog like Orion. She figured out that by jumping ontop of her kennel....she could jump over the pen that was supposed to keep her contained.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
yeap.....its called an extra room from ceiling to floor, wall to wall, with tile floors :w00t::rofl:Now on to more seriousness, I use a crate for mine while I am gone. It keeps them out of trouble and gives me piece of mind. Good luck

OP
P

Plywood

Nov 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
OP
P

Plywood

Nov 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Very roomy and a steal at that price.

Yes, seems well built. The first few days Nina really tried to bring that thing down and failed but now she has just accepted it and is peaceful in there. For now, I am going to keep it but if she gets fussy with it again I may look for other solutions.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Yes, seems well built. The first few days Nina really tried to bring that thing down and failed but now she has just accepted it and is peaceful in there. For now, I am going to keep it but if she gets fussy with it again I may look for other solutions.

I think Nina will be OK. It takes time.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I tried the same thing with Lockjaw. He would eventually jump on the wall of the pen and it would push it across the room and just about tip it over. At that point, we just crated him while we were gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.