Recommended indoor dog pen

Plywood

Nov 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Can anyone recommend me a good dog pen for indoor use? I purchased one from amazon and I can't secure it to anything in my basement so when my pup jumps on it, the entire pen moves so I can't leave her unsupervised. Was hoping there is a nice sturdy pen, I can setup and feel like she won't find a way to dismantle it (stubborn little things).

I can resort to a crate, which is safer, but she absolutely hates it. If I can't find a safer solution, crate it will be.

She is left alone about 3 hours a day

Thanks in advance

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
is it possible to just gate her in a laundry or bathroom, maybe even kitchen?

They all hate the crate sometimes, but they grow to love it as a safe place as they get older

OP
P

Plywood

Nov 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
We have the 8 panel version of the one below. To keep Harlea from moving it across the room we put one of her coolaroo's in it. She can still move part of it but not the whole thing. Been using is since we got her without any issues.

Amazon.com : IRIS Indoor/Outdoor Plastic Pet Pen with 4 Panels : Pet Playpens : Pet Supplies

This is a nice looking set up and not too expensive. I'm considering getting one for Finn who is usually crated. The problem I'll be facing in the next week or so is having to crate Finn for 8-10 hrs. I know...way too long and I don't want to do this. This pen might be the alternative I'm looking for. :pray:

Miss Charlotte

Jan 31, 2015
Elizabeth,NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlotte
I have the crate open and surrounded by an 8 panel free standing gate- I call it her condo in our condo. I zip ties the ends of the baby gate to furniture so she can't easily move it out either. Works for us and we have never had issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
i use the large outdoor kennels in my garage.. i have heating and air conditioning in the garage, i like it because its large enough for their litter box and bed and extra room for them to move around..

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I never tried a pen. Mine don't mind being created, but when I needed to restrict their movement for longer periods of time and didn't want to crate them I've used a baby gate (get a talk one or they can scale it) and gated them in a hallway or bathroom.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I want to thank Todd [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] for his recommendation of the 8-panel pen. This arrived today and even I was able to put it together! :yes: It's pretty nifty and actually quite large when you put all 8 panels together. I'm going to attach it somehow to Finn's large crate so that he has even extra room to roam around during the long days that I'm not home and he needs to be in a secured space. I'm calling it Finn's "apartment". I'm going to give it a test drive tomorrow and during the next few days but so far, Finn (and Tate) have been having fun exploring Finn's new pad. I'll try posting photos in the next couple days!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I want to thank Todd [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] for his recommendation of the 8-panel pen. This arrived today and even I was able to put it together! :yes: It's pretty nifty and actually quite large when you put all 8 panels together. I'm going to attach it somehow to Finn's large crate so that he has even extra room to roam around during the long days that I'm not home and he needs to be in a secured space. I'm calling it Finn's "apartment". I'm going to give it a test drive tomorrow and during the next few days but so far, Finn (and Tate) have been having fun exploring Finn's new pad. I'll try posting photos in the next couple days!
Cool deal. I hope it all works out for you.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
This is a nice looking set up and not too expensive. I'm considering getting one for Finn who is usually crated. The problem I'll be facing in the next week or so is having to crate Finn for 8-10 hrs. I know...way too long and I don't want to do this. This pen might be the alternative I'm looking for. :pray:

This is the same pen I used for Jewel when she had her ACL surgery because we too did not want Jewel to be in her crate 24/7. It is very light weight (plastic) and durable.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I took these pics this morning. I'm still fine-tuning the set up but I like how I can have the crate flow into the play-pen. This way, Finn has much more room to stretch his legs during the day. I will probably place some pee-pads in the pen area too b/c he cannot hold his bladder for the long stretches of time that I'm not home but at least he won't soil his crate space and then have nowhere to go. :D

IMG_0332.jpg IMG_0333.jpg IMG_0334.JPG

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I took these pics this morning. I'm still fine-tuning the set up but I like how I can have the crate flow into the play-pen. This way, Finn has much more room to stretch his legs during the day. I will probably place some pee-pads in the pen area too b/c he cannot hold his bladder for the long stretches of time that I'm not home but at least he won't soil his crate space and then have nowhere to go. :D

View attachment 94758 View attachment 94759 View attachment 94760
The cool thing about this pen is you can add more panels to it if you need more room.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.