toys

shanleighp

Jun 25, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Any suggestions on what type of bones to give bulldogs? I know rawhides is not good at all. I use all kind of Kong products, but nothing occupies her time like a rawhide. I gave it to her a couple of times, but wanted the entire time and when it got chewy I took it away. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• 20150716_192215-1.jpg
    20150716_192215-1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 135

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Have you tried antlers? Castor had one that I think was from deer. Make sure you get something that suits a bulldog! It was a good chew but heavy. We lived in an apartment house then and the sound when Castor dropped the rather heavy antler on the floor was enough to wake our neighbours up.

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
We use deer antlers - Tiberius loves them it's one of the only things he doesn't chew up in a days time. Just make just to get one big enough she can't swallow it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Mine have a toybox full of durabones,even fake durabone antlers. Having more than one(one is selfish:yes:) a real antler would be fightin' words! If you have one, a large antler would be great!

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I have been giving my guys elk antlers, which they like better than deer ones for some reason. The last ones I gave them were split lengthwise and they liked them best of all because the marrow is so easy to get out. They don't last quite as long, but the dogs stick with them a lot longer than the whole ones. I also buy frozen RAW marrow bones, which they love so much I have to put them in crates to chew on them (I'm afraid they might fight). They clean those right up and I usually throw them away when they are clean. The instructions say it's best to throw them away after a day, maybe they grow bacteria or something. It is my understanding that the only safe bones to give them are raw ones because they don't splinter like cooked ones do. Also, the antlers don't splinter either, so I feel safe with those. My vet did say to be careful with the raw marrow bones because she has seen dogs get their noses and lower jaws stuck fast inside the whole. Of course, that wouldn't happen to a bully! [MENTION=14403]shanleighp[/MENTION]. Gracie is a doll!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Antlers are great! I have 2 so I have to give them each one and watch closely so they don't fight. Benebone a are great too. I also get them the chew toys that u can put treats in. I get the Starmark brands. The insertable treats will last them quite some time and they have yet to chew the actual ball it comes with. Mine have the orange one. I usually let them have those as crate treats while we are at work.

a3fa93b39cc4661869179d9b049f691f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Any suggestions on what type of bones to give bulldogs? I know rawhides is not good at all. I use all kind of Kong products, but nothing occupies her time like a rawhide. I gave it to her a couple of times, but wanted the entire time and when it got chewy I took it away. Any help would be great.
Have you tried the "virtually indestructible nylabone" yet? That made our top pick…it lasted quite a while (for a bully) but eventually caused bleeding gums due to the rough edges Bass made - he chomped for hours on that thing and I didn't have to watch him. Agree w/the above on antlers too, we recently just went to them - I only tried them once when he was a pup then stopped, but found an awesome brand at our pet feed store that is quite safe and extremely durable.

KatieToth

Julius-K9 Sales Representative
Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
We have an IDC ball and it is one of the most durable toys we ever had. Comes in several different sizes.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Antlers and shoulder blades (the bigger the better) are my boys and my favorite.

Karen100

Apr 14, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie,Taylor,Gatsby
I gave my guys deer antlers for CHRISTMAS and was very disappointed. I had to take them away the next day little slivers came off of them. I was very worried about that so I through them out. People did tell me they where great but I was very worried about them.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I gave my guys deer antlers for CHRISTMAS and was very disappointed. I had to take them away the next day little slivers came off of them. I was very worried about that so I through them out. People did tell me they where great but I was very worried about them.
Deer antlers for bullies aren't the best as they are so thin and small. Elk, caribou and moose antlers are much better yet more expensive than deer ones sadly. Also, when it comes to antlers you don't want to buy splits or bleached sheds as those are the ones that tend to splinter and shatter the most. The moose one Harlea has now she has been chomping on for the last 6 months daily and it will probably last another 6 months to a year before I have to get her a new one.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
we use Nylabones, antlers and marrow bones

OP
S

shanleighp

Jun 25, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
thank you to everyone for all the ideas. Appreciate it so much. Happy New Year.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I did not have a good first experience either…didn't get another again for MANY many months…the next kind I got was great quality and have not had any issues. The kind makes a big difference.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online