Thread: toys

Newbie Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie
    Likes (Received)

Default toys

Any suggestions on what type of bones to give bulldogs? I know rawhides is not good at all. I use all kind of Kong products, but nothing occupies her time like a rawhide. I gave it to her a couple of times, but wanted the entire time and when it got chewy I took it away. Any help would be great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -20150716_192215-1-jpg  

2. Likes CCandMurray, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: toys

Have you tried antlers? Castor had one that I think was from deer. Make sure you get something that suits a bulldog! It was a good chew but heavy. We lived in an apartment house then and the sound when Castor dropped the rather heavy antler on the floor was enough to wake our neighbours up.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

4. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tiberius
    Likes (Received)

We use deer antlers - Tiberius loves them it's one of the only things he doesn't chew up in a days time. Just make just to get one big enough she can't swallow it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Mine have a toybox full of durabones,even fake durabone antlers. Having more than one(one is selfish) a real antler would be fightin' words! If you have one, a large antler would be great!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

I have been giving my guys elk antlers, which they like better than deer ones for some reason. The last ones I gave them were split lengthwise and they liked them best of all because the marrow is so easy to get out. They don't last quite as long, but the dogs stick with them a lot longer than the whole ones. I also buy frozen RAW marrow bones, which they love so much I have to put them in crates to chew on them (I'm afraid they might fight). They clean those right up and I usually throw them away when they are clean. The instructions say it's best to throw them away after a day, maybe they grow bacteria or something. It is my understanding that the only safe bones to give them are raw ones because they don't splinter like cooked ones do. Also, the antlers don't splinter either, so I feel safe with those. My vet did say to be careful with the raw marrow bones because she has seen dogs get their noses and lower jaws stuck fast inside the whole. Of course, that wouldn't happen to a bully! @shanleighp. Gracie is a doll!

Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Antlers are great! I have 2 so I have to give them each one and watch closely so they don't fight. Benebone a are great too. I also get them the chew toys that u can put treats in. I get the Starmark brands. The insertable treats will last them quite some time and they have yet to chew the actual ball it comes with. Mine have the orange one. I usually let them have those as crate treats while we are at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shanleighp View Post
    Any suggestions on what type of bones to give bulldogs? I know rawhides is not good at all. I use all kind of Kong products, but nothing occupies her time like a rawhide. I gave it to her a couple of times, but wanted the entire time and when it got chewy I took it away. Any help would be great.
    Have you tried the "virtually indestructible nylabone" yet? That made our top pick…it lasted quite a while (for a bully) but eventually caused bleeding gums due to the rough edges Bass made - he chomped for hours on that thing and I didn't have to watch him. Agree w/the above on antlers too, we recently just went to them - I only tried them once when he was a pup then stopped, but found an awesome brand at our pet feed store that is quite safe and extremely durable.

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

Julius-K9 Sales Representative
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Noah Jack
    Likes (Received)

We have an IDC ball and it is one of the most durable toys we ever had. Comes in several different sizes.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Antlers and shoulder blades (the bigger the better) are my boys and my favorite.

Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sadie,Taylor,Gatsby
    Likes (Received)

I gave my guys deer antlers for CHRISTMAS and was very disappointed. I had to take them away the next day little slivers came off of them. I was very worried about that so I through them out. People did tell me they where great but I was very worried about them.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Karen100 View Post
    I gave my guys deer antlers for CHRISTMAS and was very disappointed. I had to take them away the next day little slivers came off of them. I was very worried about that so I through them out. People did tell me they where great but I was very worried about them.
    Deer antlers for bullies aren't the best as they are so thin and small. Elk, caribou and moose antlers are much better yet more expensive than deer ones sadly. Also, when it comes to antlers you don't want to buy splits or bleached sheds as those are the ones that tend to splinter and shatter the most. The moose one Harlea has now she has been chomping on for the last 6 months daily and it will probably last another 6 months to a year before I have to get her a new one.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

15. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

we use Nylabones, antlers and marrow bones
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads