Thread: Tonka & Super Duty Potty Training Help

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Super Duty & Tonka
    Likes (Received)

Default Tonka & Super Duty Potty Training Help

Ok bully lovers I need some help. Tonka and Super Duty are 15 weeks old. They are doing pretty good on the potty training. We did have a little convincing to do to go out in the snow but are getting getting better at it. The problem I have is in the middle of playing they will stop and squat. Just tiny little spots not sure how to stop this? They spend any away time in separate kennels. They run right outside anytime we ask. They just won't stop with these little squats. When I say little the size of a dime to a quarter. Any advice would be great.
    Thanks!
    -image-jpeg

Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tonka & Super Duty Potty Training Help

They both do this? How often are you taking them outside to do their business? If it's both of them, then that makes me think it's more behavior than medical…and this can be trained. You may have to limit their space in house and only give them a certain amount of time before going back in the crate to break this habit. If it's not UTI related and you go back to basic training, it may help. What is their schedule during the day/night like?

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Lockjaw did the same thing. When they play they get really excited - so maybe as soon as they start "breaking" in play, take them out. It's really just a process. Mine were finally fully potty trained, about a month ago. They will be 8months tomorrow. They had it pretty much down much sooner than that, but would still have accidents. We've been completely accident free for a while now. And we were very consistent and scheduled with them as well. I did find that Penny (my girl) potty trained much faster and easier than Lockjaw (my boy). Good luck!!!
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

@Hogmom

Honestly I think this is a bulldog thing… Willow does this, she was laying on my lap the other night, woke up looked at me and tinkled a lil' bit then laid back down to sleep. I about LOST IT I don't think it's a UTI, I think it's a laziness issue… TOO lazy to get down to pee (or head to the door). Luckily ALL my pups that did this outgrew it by the time they turned a year old

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    @Hogmom

Honestly I think this is a bulldog thing… Willow does this, she was laying on my lap the other night, woke up looked at me and tinkled a lil' bit then laid back down to sleep. I about LOST IT I don't think it's a UTI, I think it's a laziness issue… TOO lazy to get down to pee (or head to the door). Luckily ALL my pups that did this outgrew it by the time they turned a year old
    Chunky did the same thing one time and I freaked out and he hasn't done that anymore. He hasn't went in the house in a few months and is 7 months now but I have been lucky enough to be home with him most of the time except for a couple of weeks here or there. So that helped because I could always watch him and I took him out after naps and after his short playtimes.

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

7. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

When they're that young they any hold their bladders for very long, I agree that any time they start to slow down when they're playing get them to run outside for a potty break. You could also reward them for potting outside with a super yummy treat, so they'll want to do it outside for the reward and then it will become habit. Good luck! They're adorable!!

Remove Ads