Tonka & Super Duty Potty Training Help

Hogmom

Nov 29, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Super Duty & Tonka
Ok bully lovers I need some help. Tonka and Super Duty are 15 weeks old. They are doing pretty good on the potty training. We did have a little convincing to do to go out in the snow but are getting getting better at it. The problem I have is in the middle of playing they will stop and squat. Just tiny little spots not sure how to stop this? They spend any away time in separate kennels. They run right outside anytime we ask. They just won't stop with these little squats. When I say little the size of a dime to a quarter. Any advice would be great.
Thanks!
image.jpeg

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
They both do this? How often are you taking them outside to do their business? If it's both of them, then that makes me think it's more behavior than medical…and this can be trained. You may have to limit their space in house and only give them a certain amount of time before going back in the crate to break this habit. If it's not UTI related and you go back to basic training, it may help. What is their schedule during the day/night like?

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Lockjaw did the same thing. When they play they get really excited - so maybe as soon as they start "breaking" in play, take them out. It's really just a process. Mine were finally fully potty trained, about a month ago. They will be 8months tomorrow. They had it pretty much down much sooner than that, but would still have accidents. We've been completely accident free for a while now. And we were very consistent and scheduled with them as well. I did find that Penny (my girl) potty trained much faster and easier than Lockjaw (my boy). Good luck!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=15133]Hogmom[/MENTION]

Honestly I think this is a bulldog thing… Willow does this, she was laying on my lap the other night, woke up looked at me and tinkled a lil' bit then laid back down to sleep. I about LOST IT :angry: I don't think it's a UTI, I think it's a laziness issue… TOO lazy to get down to pee (or head to the door). Luckily ALL my pups that did this outgrew it by the time they turned a year old :rofl:

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
[MENTION=15133]Hogmom[/MENTION]

Honestly I think this is a bulldog thing… Willow does this, she was laying on my lap the other night, woke up looked at me and tinkled a lil' bit then laid back down to sleep. I about LOST IT :angry: I don't think it's a UTI, I think it's a laziness issue… TOO lazy to get down to pee (or head to the door). Luckily ALL my pups that did this outgrew it by the time they turned a year old :rofl:

Chunky did the same thing one time and I freaked out and he hasn't done that anymore. He hasn't went in the house in a few months and is 7 months now but I have been lucky enough to be home with him most of the time except for a couple of weeks here or there. So that helped because I could always watch him and I took him out after naps and after his short playtimes.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
When they're that young they any hold their bladders for very long, I agree that any time they start to slow down when they're playing get them to run outside for a potty break. You could also reward them for potting outside with a super yummy treat, so they'll want to do it outside for the reward and then it will become habit. Good luck! They're adorable!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.