Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Hi everyone just a quick question.
How long should a 7 month old bulldog be sleeping in a 24 hour period? George is sleeping for roughly 18 hours, 14 overnight (with a bathroom break) an then approximately 4 hours on and off during the day.
I know this is not an exact science but I'm just afraid he's sleeping too much and not happy or stimulated enough we have lots of toys but he gets bored or just destroys them in minutes. He gets a good walk everyday too.
Happy New Year to everyone!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That seems about right.... unles you take them for walks, or out in the yard to play -- they will do nothing but sleep. Lambeua and Cheli slept for about 20 hours on the day after Christmas since Mommy and Daddy laid on the couch all day :D

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My girls sleep all day, unless I take them outside. Occasionally they will check the toybox, and pick out a durabone and chew on it for awhile,and then take a nap!

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
well it sounds like I'm doing ok so. I was just worried I wasn't doing enough with him but I feel like I'm trying to entertain him and sometimes he's just not bothered but that must be the breed and once it's normal behaviour that puts my mind at rest.
Thank you all once again :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.