need a little advice

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
I am taking my husband on a three day trip to celebrate his birthday.. my sister always moves in to watch and take care of my furbabies.. I am a little nervous about it this time because of some behavior issues that my gucci has started doing, although she has learned that i don't tolerate it and it is under control now for a few weeks.. what i am worried about is that she will test my sister and what she is doing is jumping on my older dog porkchop.. she wont do it with me or my husband around but sometimes i can tell she is tempted and i stop it right then..

we are going to try to get a big kennel for the garage to keep them separated while we are gone and i have instructed my sister to let them out one at a time.. porkchop first, then the others after that to keep from having any problems.. but i am still nervous about it.. almost to the point i am rethinking about going.. any advice on what would be a better way to handle it.. i don't want to board them either because they have never been and i don't want them away for 3 days in a strange place.. they really are good with us but worry she wont be able to tell if something is about to escalate before it happens.. gucci will test her i am afraid... help me not worry so much so i can enjoy my trip.. :unsure::(

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Hmmm...what if your sister came a little early for a kind of trial run to see how it goes? Or maybe try separating them put two in one place and maybe two in a different part of the house?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Can Porkchop be trusted in the house? If your sister is not gone for too long at a time, maybe you can have porkchop in the house away from the others,and in a crate,or not,when your sister is not there? She can take her out seperately from the others,too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I was also going to say --- have sister over for a test run. If Gucci has the opportunity, she will take it so you want you sister knowing the signs

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
porkchop can be trusted and i will be having her come early.. i bought a big outdoor kennel that i am putting up in garage so she will be in it and they can rotate being out. i will feel better about that just because of her being older and help with my worrying.. its only 3 days.. i will have extra chewy's and treats just so she don't get bored.. lol..but as long as they aren't out all at the same time i think it will work..i know my dogs well and i can tell when gucci is thinking.. ha ha.. just gotta train my sister now.. hee hee.. thanks.. i'm feeling a little better.. these dogs are the reason i get gray hair..,,

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Sounds like you have it all under control for your sister

Have a great time away spoiling your husband and don't forget pictures

Most Reactions

Members online