My little terror

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Don't get me wrong, Chaos is still a WILD MAN, but I have noticed over the last few days he is starting to calm down just a little. He is less nippy and he will actually lay down now. Okay who am I kidding, it only lasts for about 2 minutes, but thats more than before :p He has been scratching at his ears though. He has Promeris and it covers the fleas and skin mites so I know thats not the issue. His ear isn't red either, maybe again I am being the new paranoid mommy, I just say I am cautious :up: It's not continuous so maybe I am overreacting. Will be posting new pics later tonight....he's growing sooooo fast :luv:

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
oh..I hope there is no infection. I am surprised he can reach his ears.. Chester can't :eek: When he attempts to scratch them and he falls over, we feel bad and do an all-over head scratch. His shoulders are just too wide to get that leg up there :ohmy:

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
i think we are all paranoid bully parents. i would just watch his ears for redness, smell, discharge, more itching. if it gets worse go see the vet.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I haven't dealt with an ear infection (yet, knock on wood). But my daughter's Bully, Millie, has a heck of an ear infection that just came out of no where! The other morning she got up and there was goo dried all over the side of her head and it stunk. But she was fine the night before. Amazing how fast things can change! Just keep a close eye on him.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I saw a little bit of dirt in Belly's ears and the vet checked it just for grins...said she was just starting to get a yeast infection...:down: It's so hard to pin that little sucker down and get drops in!Belly is almost 15 weeks old and not the cuddle bug I was hoping she would be. I know in time she'll be wanting to lay in my lap or snuggle. You're lucky Chaos will even lay for that long! Seems like Bell is always on the go!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would just keep checking the ear .... Maggie used to get a lot of yeast infections in her ears when she was Beneful but since we changed to Fromm she hasns't had one at all. Lindathedogsmaid gave me a useful tip of diluting 50% apple cider vinegar with 50% water, and we clean the dogs ears out with that once a week. That is supposed to be excellent at keeping any yeast away!!!

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], how do you use it? do you just squirt it in the ear or wipe the ear with it?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] Just squirt a bit down the ear and give it a good rub - just like you would use an ear cleaner.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.