can someone tell me its ok...

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
I feel so bad... i guess i need a little support... this has to be the reason god did not want me to have human kids...
as most of you know i have 4 bulldogs... my oldest one has always been the dominate one , after me, lol... anyway,, last night my husbands cell phone went off and his ringtone is a duck quacking..yeah i know he's strange..
but it made my dog (porkchop, old one) bark and try to find the duck.. well this made the other dog jump on her which made the other dog jump in.. so we have a 3 dog fight.. it is usually verbal for the most part... but my gucci was determined to bite her and not let go... i did make her quite and i scolded her and her mom abbey for jumping on my porkchop (the old one) because she usually can put them in their place but not when they both gang up on her and she is getting old... once i checked her over and seen all was good i felt so bad because gucci and abbey both knew i was mad.. they followed me everywhere like they were trying to say sorry mom but me being a female , i guess you could say, did not get over it so quickly.. and later i felt terrible for yelling at them.. so much that i did , well, don't judge me, but i shed a tear or two...

I don't know how anyone could be a parent.. my dogs have been taught to behave most of time and i never really have had to put them in to much time out or yell at them that much and it may be the reason it bothered me so much.. they didn't really seem to know how to react when i yelled at them.. i feel like crap for doing it.. how do i not let this bother me?.. i know it may sound silly to some of you but i can't help feeling like i do...
I think my Multiple Sclerosis makes me more sensitive at times.. but i feel guilty for it..
:tissue:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No guilt.... you did the right thing and the pups all still love you

Glad they are all ok and no serious damage.... but, kep checking to make sure nothing was cut or bit as sometimes, the fur is so thick you can't see or feel the cut.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
No guilt.... you did the right thing and the pups all still love you

Glad they are all ok and no serious damage.... but, kep checking to make sure nothing was cut or bit as sometimes, the fur is so thick you can't see or feel the cut.

Agreed, and yes being a human parent is the same. Guilt is something you almost have to get used to, except kids are usually less well behaved than dogs, dogs are good most of the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Agreed, and yes being a human parent is the same. Guilt is something you almost have to get used to, except kids are usually less well behaved than dogs, dogs are good most of the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:yes:
You're a great Mama, try not to let your Mom Guilt get the best of you!! Just think of all the hard work you put in every day just to make each one happy…looking out for your oldest by grumping at the younger ones - there are a thousand things so much worse. They're loved, fed and well taken care of :heart:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
As a skin AND fur mom, do NOT feel bad for yelling… sometimes it's the ONLY way to get their attention. I have completely lost my $h*& and it was completely OK… it's part of being human. ((HUGS))

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
As a skin AND fur mom, do NOT feel bad for yelling… sometimes it's the ONLY way to get their attention. I have completely lost my $h*& and it was completely OK… it's part of being human. ((HUGS))
this just made me laugh :sarcastic: Tracey…well put!!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Agree with all the above. Jewel and Bentley are always scrapping especially over toys the one or the other may have. We have to raise our voices at times to get their attention but it is because we love them so much. If it ever comes to being physical, then one must re-assess why.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Gail please don't feel badly, I probably would have done the exact same thing, you were just looking out for everybody. Your babies are lucky to have you as a mom :)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I feel so bad... i guess i need a little support... this has to be the reason god did not want me to have human kids...
as most of you know i have 4 bulldogs... my oldest one has always been the dominate one , after me, lol... anyway,, last night my husbands cell phone went off and his ringtone is a duck quacking..yeah i know he's strange..
but it made my dog (porkchop, old one) bark and try to find the duck.. well this made the other dog jump on her which made the other dog jump in.. so we have a 3 dog fight.. it is usually verbal for the most part... but my gucci was determined to bite her and not let go... i did make her quite and i scolded her and her mom abbey for jumping on my porkchop (the old one) because she usually can put them in their place but not when they both gang up on her and she is getting old... once i checked her over and seen all was good i felt so bad because gucci and abbey both knew i was mad.. they followed me everywhere like they were trying to say sorry mom but me being a female , i guess you could say, did not get over it so quickly.. and later i felt terrible for yelling at them.. so much that i did , well, don't judge me, but i shed a tear or two...

I don't know how anyone could be a parent.. my dogs have been taught to behave most of time and i never really have had to put them in to much time out or yell at them that much and it may be the reason it bothered me so much.. they didn't really seem to know how to react when i yelled at them.. i feel like crap for doing it.. how do i not let this bother me?.. i know it may sound silly to some of you but i can't help feeling like i do...
I think my Multiple Sclerosis makes me more sensitive at times.. but i feel guilty for it..
:tissue:
Part of being a parent is well parenting. whether they are furry or the skin kind, you have to be strong and stay your convictions. Yelling at them for something that could have turned really bad really fast is nothing to be sorry for. You made sure they knew you were not happy, and that goes along way to it not happening again. They do remember. I can tell you, parenting is not a popularity contest and hurting their feelings to keep them safe will win out for me every time. And if it upset you, that's what the bathroom is for, stay strong and tough in front of them and go to the bathroom and fall apart a little! you did the right thing and your a great momma!

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
thank you... i needed someone to tell me that it was the right thing i guess... silly i know but i love my furbabies and i don't like seeing them hurt, physical or feelings hurt.. i guess i freaked out when i was afraid they would hurt her.. luckily it was more verbal then anything else.. thank you again..

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie

Absolutely!!! Don't feel bad for yelling at them! I don't know anyone who hasn't yelled at their dogs and kids for fighting--I certainly have. [MENTION=295]punky[/MENTION]. Fighting is the worst! :yell:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=295]punky[/MENTION] I have had skin kids and lots of furkids! In the old days, when people spanked their kids, there was a saying "this hurts me, more than it hurts you!" A lot of the old sayings came from reality. When you are a parent-you have to teach your kids(whatever kind) to be good to each other, and not fight! If you had just let them go,the two would have hurt the other one. You definitely did the right thing-two kids beating up one kid ain't fair! You are a good mom and don't let them give you a guilt trip-cause they will take advantage of it!!!!

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
thanks for the words... i guess i think what bothered me the most is how i felt, like i freaked out because i was scared for my old dog.. she worries me anyway since i lost my odie this past year.. i am not ready to say goodbye to her any sooner then i have to.. she is what started the love with english bulldogs and i know i will always have one even though the pain it causes when its time to let them go.. i dont want to see any of my dogs hurt and i know i will have to scold them a time or two but i never had lost my cool with them and yelled like i did.. i'm sure my human kids would have been brats.. lol.. now i do have step grand kids but its ok to make them brats isn't it.. ha let the parents deal with it... ha... sorry if that offends anyone.. lol, thanks again my great bulldog family

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=295]punky[/MENTION] Nah, yelling at skin kids is easier!!:ROFL:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Don't feel bad...sometimes the kids...both fur and skin...just need a little timeout! They get over it!
image.jpeg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.