bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Friday we have a meet and greet with a 3 1/2 year old bully from the mississippi english bulldog rescue. i am very excited to meet minnie and for her and bella to get to meet each other. BUT why am i so nervous about bringing another female into bellas space? is it something i will get over or should i just not try to adopt a female? she needs a good home and we can provide that for her but i dont want bella to think what the hell is this girl dog doing here!! i guess we will just have to see how the meet and greet goes and go from there!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Try not to be nervous... they will pick up on it. Two females can be tough, but it all depends on the dogs and the leadership in the home -- they may be just fine together, be sure to intro on neutral ground and take them for a walk before entering your home

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Of course you're nervous, Bella's been an only baby but now she will have a sister!! How exciting! I really really hope it works out Stacy, stay positive! :)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
How is Bella normally with other dogs? take them for a nice long walk when you get her, let them play for a while then when you take them in the house you go in first, then Minnie, then Bella last so she does not think she owns the space. Once they are inside if Bella displays any unwanted behavior, separate them and let bella get used to minnies scent in the house and come to terms that minnie is staying. It took me almost two months for Brutus to get used to Frankie. If Brutus can come around, there is certainly hope for others. lol, good luck

OP
bella100

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
How is Bella normally with other dogs? take them for a nice long walk when you get her, let them play for a while then when you take them in the house you go in first, then Minnie, then Bella last so she does not think she owns the space. Once they are inside if Bella displays any unwanted behavior, separate them and let bella get used to minnies scent in the house and come to terms that minnie is staying. It took me almost two months for Brutus to get used to Frankie. If Brutus can come around, there is certainly hope for others. lol, good luck

bella loves other dogs she loves to play, the rescue is 3 hours away and we are meeting half way so it wont be at our house this time. bella has only ever shown aggressive behavior over bubble wrap and its serious (?? very strange lol). but anything else she is very lovable and laid back as they come.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
bella loves other dogs she loves to play, the rescue is 3 hours away and we are meeting half way so it wont be at our house this time. bella has only ever shown aggressive behavior over bubble wrap and its serious (?? very strange lol). but anything else she is very lovable and laid back as they come.
Fantastic, then you shouldn't have any problems. I'm so excited for you!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
OMG!!!! I'm so excited for you. I have been WAITING for you to say bella is getting a brother or sister.

We decided to get a boy because with Ruthie she likes to be in charge, so brutus was a good fit....even though he runs the show, but we all know who the real boss is....Little Miss Ruthie.

it's going to go great and i can't wait to hear!

OP
bella100

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG!!!! I'm so excited for you. I have been WAITING for you to say bella is getting a brother or sister.

We decided to get a boy because with Ruthie she likes to be in charge, so brutus was a good fit....even though he runs the show, but we all know who the real boss is....Little Miss Ruthie.

it's going to go great and i can't wait to hear!

thats kind of why im so nervous about getting a female bella runs the show at our house. but the girl at the rescue insist that minnie will be great for us only by application and speaking to her a few times. so we will see. im excited to meet her friday ill keep yall updated for sure.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.