Who will the dog love-opinion please

Bubbles

Nov 22, 2015
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles (Buba) and Cammi
Even though my wife fed our female Lab, the dog would never-ever leave my side. We were in love. Our mini Schnauzer (male) was nursed back to life from kennel cough by my wife. They cannot be separated. Now our 14 week stubborn little Bull girl is being trained (and fed) my my wife. She thinks the dog isn't going to like her because they have been arguing about the rules. My wife knows what she is doing, but is concerned as little Issy may resent being told what to do.With me it's just happy times pretty much, playing, saying hello and goodbye.
I feel that the dog is going to bond in the long run, more with her than me. I really prefer that, but just curious what you think ?

Thanks

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
I think you both need to let your girl know who's in charge (both of you) other than the dogs. It's the same with me and my wife (except I am the primary care taker of all things food, walks, vet, etc.) the dogs adore me, and it's because I spend so much time with them, they also respect me as the pack leader. You should both be able to give commands and instruction and have them followed.

That being said, your girl will probably take to your wife. Believe it or not, dogs like instruction and being an alpha dog is exhausting. As long as your both are consistent in her training and instruction, that will be most important.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You three sound like we were with our Banks... she was a dominate beeotchy girl, I did all the feeding and caring and she bonded very tight with her Daddy -- she was a true Daddy's girl, he was tough on her with training, but was also her playmate. They are all different, but I think it comes down to them and how they see you in the pack

The two we have now.... are all about me :D I am the pie-piper in the house, wherever I go, both boys are right behind me

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
I'm the disciplinarian, and Lola is bonded with me :) though she has her days where DH is her buddy.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
It sounds to me like your pups are all lucky to have both of you as loving parents :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.