OP
P

Plywood

Nov 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I am slowly switching her over to Instinct Rabbit kibble. The bag says its for puppies through adult hood, I should be okay switching her over to this? She is 3 months old.

Here is a new pic:
View attachment 95041

She is now eating her new food 100% (no mixture of the old) but I see her poop is very very soft, not quiet diarrhea but very close to it. This is not getting better should I try a different high quality food?

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
She is now eating her new food 100% (no mixture of the old) but I see her poop is very very soft, not quiet diarrhea but very close to it. This is not getting better should I try a different high quality food?

I'm not a food expert so someone may have some better, more experienced information but I wouldn't switch her to another food yet UNLESS she is having signs of allergies or an intolerance to the food; itchy tear stains, vomiting, irritated paws, etc. If the dates are correct, it seems she made the food switch a couple weeks ago. Her body might still be getting used to the food. I would suggest double checking and make sure you're not over/under feeding her and also you can add a little pure pumpkpin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) to her food to firm up her stools.

I had to make a quick switch to Goob's food a month ago and he had loose stools for a while as well. Now, they are firm and we don't have any more issues.

P.S. Nina is WAAAAY too cute!!

OP
P

Plywood

Nov 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I'm not a food expert so someone may have some better, more experienced information but I wouldn't switch her to another food yet UNLESS she is having signs of allergies or an intolerance to the food; itchy tear stains, vomiting, irritated paws, etc. If the dates are correct, it seems she made the food switch a couple weeks ago. Her body might still be getting used to the food. I would suggest double checking and make sure you're not over/under feeding her and also you can add a little pure pumpkpin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) to her food to firm up her stools.

I had to make a quick switch to Goob's food a month ago and he had loose stools for a while as well. Now, they are firm and we don't have any more issues.

P.S. Nina is WAAAAY too cute!!

Thanks for the advice. Her allergies are actually going away with this food compared to the older one...I think all gone. She used to have red spots, dry skin and constantly scratching herself now thats all going away. I will give it another 2 weeks and see what happens.

I do add some pumpkin puree to her evening feeding which definitely helps but I don't want to always rely on the pumpkin. Hopefully it's just a getting used to thing.

Her stools are normal in size and looks normal but is VERY soft.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thanks for the advice. Her allergies are actually going away with this food compared to the older one...I think all gone. She used to have red spots, dry skin and constantly scratching herself now thats all going away. I will give it another 2 weeks and see what happens.

I do add some pumpkin puree to her evening feeding which definitely helps but I don't want to always rely on the pumpkin. Hopefully it's just a getting used to thing.

Her stools are normal in size and looks normal but is VERY soft.

Try feeding a few days with no pumpkin... and see if you notice any improvement on the firmness of the poo. If she's improving in other areas, I would not switch yet. Give it more time.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
you can try this it works very well for Me for the crate , I wear a shirt all day go about My normal day I when getting ready for bed play with the pup with it so I cover her /him in it on the floor and say where is ..... ( your dogs name insert ) , i also poke pull legs and make a fun time of it , this is all just before bed time , I put the shirt in the crate for her/him and close the door once the pup is in , if the pup is attracted to your wife use her clothing , I find the pup settles almost right away , there might be a little barking and carrying on but they settle and I think it because of the daddy or mummy scent on the clothing , it takes the place of the litter the pup just came from , have patience is a must with any pup .

Jaime Jimmy Ramirez

Oct 1, 2014
boston, mass
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hazel
Hi Congratulations on your new bully!! You gonna fall in love trust me the only advice for u I can give 1. Feed Frooms or any natural food!! 2.Train 3.dog insurance 4. Toys 5.play time

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.