Omg she is too precious !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    None yet
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New puppy, many questions

I am slowly switching her over to Instinct Rabbit kibble. The bag says its for puppies through adult hood, I should be okay switching her over to this? She is 3 months old.

Here is a new pic:
    Name:  Nin120.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  10.0 KB

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Plywood View Post
    I am slowly switching her over to Instinct Rabbit kibble. The bag says its for puppies through adult hood, I should be okay switching her over to this? She is 3 months old.

Here is a new pic:

OMG.... she is too precious! Yes, if it is an all stages food (puppy thru adult) that is fine to switch
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    None yet
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    OMG.... she is too precious! Yes, if it is an all stages food (puppy thru adult) that is fine to switch
    Precious, yes but a handful lol

She is almost house trained for #2, she will let me know most of the time she needs to go by standing by the door...but when she needs to pee she couldn't care less where she goes. She also pees on every bedding, towel or soft toy. Very hard to break this habit

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Precious, yes but a handful lol

She is almost house trained for #2, she will let me know most of the time she needs to go by standing by the door...but when she needs to pee she couldn't care less where she goes. She also pees on every bedding, towel or soft toy. Very hard to break this habit
    Yes, that is a tough one. Remove all bedding from her crate till she is trained. Best thing to keep in mind they can only hold the bladder for 1 hour more than they are months old... so at 3 month 4 hours is her limit
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

I went trough much of the same issues with Lockjaw. In the end it's all about consistency, schedules and them growing up.
    With the crate- lockjaw was the same way- he didn't like to be in there locked up. So EVERYTIME he went in there- he got a treat. That works great. Even to this day, we give them the "good" treats when they go in their crates- on command by the way; bc they know they are getting a treat. I you tubed some videos about it.
    Lots of patience will, consistency, love and treats. She will do fine and so will u!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

She is Beautiful, So Pretty. Welcome to EBN

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    None yet
    Likes (Received)

Here is a new pic:
    She is now eating her new food 100% (no mixture of the old) but I see her poop is very very soft, not quiet diarrhea but very close to it. This is not getting better should I try a different high quality food?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

She is now eating her new food 100% (no mixture of the old) but I see her poop is very very soft, not quiet diarrhea but very close to it. This is not getting better should I try a different high quality food?
    I'm not a food expert so someone may have some better, more experienced information but I wouldn't switch her to another food yet UNLESS she is having signs of allergies or an intolerance to the food; itchy tear stains, vomiting, irritated paws, etc. If the dates are correct, it seems she made the food switch a couple weeks ago. Her body might still be getting used to the food. I would suggest double checking and make sure you're not over/under feeding her and also you can add a little pure pumpkpin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) to her food to firm up her stools.

I had to make a quick switch to Goob's food a month ago and he had loose stools for a while as well. Now, they are firm and we don't have any more issues.

P.S. Nina is WAAAAY too cute!!
    The righteous care for the needs of their animals,
    but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    None yet
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Goob14 View Post
    I'm not a food expert so someone may have some better, more experienced information but I wouldn't switch her to another food yet UNLESS she is having signs of allergies or an intolerance to the food; itchy tear stains, vomiting, irritated paws, etc. If the dates are correct, it seems she made the food switch a couple weeks ago. Her body might still be getting used to the food. I would suggest double checking and make sure you're not over/under feeding her and also you can add a little pure pumpkpin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) to her food to firm up her stools.

I had to make a quick switch to Goob's food a month ago and he had loose stools for a while as well. Now, they are firm and we don't have any more issues.

P.S. Nina is WAAAAY too cute!!
    Thanks for the advice. Her allergies are actually going away with this food compared to the older one...I think all gone. She used to have red spots, dry skin and constantly scratching herself now thats all going away. I will give it another 2 weeks and see what happens.

I do add some pumpkin puree to her evening feeding which definitely helps but I don't want to always rely on the pumpkin. Hopefully it's just a getting used to thing.

Her stools are normal in size and looks normal but is VERY soft.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the advice. Her allergies are actually going away with this food compared to the older one...I think all gone. She used to have red spots, dry skin and constantly scratching herself now thats all going away. I will give it another 2 weeks and see what happens.

I do add some pumpkin puree to her evening feeding which definitely helps but I don't want to always rely on the pumpkin. Hopefully it's just a getting used to thing.

Her stools are normal in size and looks normal but is VERY soft.

Try feeding a few days with no pumpkin... and see if you notice any improvement on the firmness of the poo. If she's improving in other areas, I would not switch yet. Give it more time.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

you can try this it works very well for Me for the crate , I wear a shirt all day go about My normal day I when getting ready for bed play with the pup with it so I cover her /him in it on the floor and say where is ..... ( your dogs name insert ) , i also poke pull legs and make a fun time of it , this is all just before bed time , I put the shirt in the crate for her/him and close the door once the pup is in , if the pup is attracted to your wife use her clothing , I find the pup settles almost right away , there might be a little barking and carrying on but they settle and I think it because of the daddy or mummy scent on the clothing , it takes the place of the litter the pup just came from , have patience is a must with any pup .
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads