why do dogs pee on my baby??!!

lyndsey

Feb 24, 2011
nw iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hi! I am new here and thought I would post this question and see if any of you have an answer! Bella,almost 1, likes going to the dog park and when I have to be away for more than a day she visits her doggie kennel. My question is lately when we go the dog park and the last time she visited the kennel (this last weekend) the bigger boy dogs pee on her! The first time it happened I chalked it up to bad timing on one of their parts but well since it has now happend more than once I'm not thinking that is the case. Any ideas?? If it keeps happening we aren't going to the park anymore!:down:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Does she stick her head under them to sniff their privates? Mack got his head peed on by a neighbor dog when he did that. It has only happened once so I chalked it up to bad timing.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
My St. Bernard, Arrow, still squates to pee, doesn't lift his leg in the yard (probably because he has nothing to lift it on, there are no trees or bushes). When Gertie was little, she'd run under him and get a "shower". Maybe something like that happened? Welcome to our group! I'm sure someone else will have a better answer for you.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Sorry, haven't had any experience with this but it's probably bad timing as what the other say.

[MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] - that was totally uncalled for! hahahahahaha

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Maybe they are marking / claiming her?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Marking was my first guess too.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1897]lyndsey[/MENTION] Hmmm... never heard of that one before!! I'm afraid I have no idea ... Is your bully neutered?? It sounds to me as if they are "claiming" her, and the fact that it has happened in 2 different places with 2 different dogs makes me wonder if you didn't get all the urine smell off her after it happened the first time. Dogs urine can be quite potent stuff ... :crazy: .. and the scent may have disappered to us but could still be very obvious to other dogs. I'd make sure that you give her a really good bath to try to neutralise that odour!!

On another note ... welcome to the site both of you ... I do hope you'll come back and visit us often. Would love to see more pics of Bella ... she looks a really pretty girl.

OP
lyndsey

lyndsey

Feb 24, 2011
nw iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Haha oh great she's a human fire hydrant!! I guess that does make sense but really?? I will give her a good scrub down and we will have to wait and see, it might be a bit before we get to the park again since it's not fit for man nor beast here!! Do you think normal dog shampoo will be enough or do I use something else?? Thanks for all the help!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hmmm..... can't help you too much with what shampoo to use exactly. I would have thought that after a couple of good baths the smell would be gone. :pray:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.