Activity for puppy ?

Bubbles

Nov 22, 2015
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles (Buba) and Cammi
Any other activity to tire out a pup, besides tug-a-war ? Too young to take out for a walk. Now I know what my wife means while I'm at work all day. Been up since 7 am playing with her, finally went back down for a nap, but are there any other crative and productive activities for a 16 week old ?
Toys only last a little while without my hand attached to them, and it gets boring after some time, although it seems like she could go all day tugging.
Thanks,

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN and puppyhood!!! I would introduce Nylabones (PLEASE NO rawhide chews) to keep her busy chewing, and keep a variety of toys… stuffies, balls, or frisbee's. Some dogs enjoy one toy over the others, and they do get bored. Mental stimulation makes them tired so take the opportunity to introduce some basic training such as sit, stay, and leave it. We have toys that hide treats in them and that will keep them busy for awhile or you can play hide and seek w/them using a blanket or the furniture. Good luck w/your new baby… and yes at some point she will settle down!!!

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Sounds all too familiar…at this point you are her whole world so you will be spending a good amount of time playing with and training her. She's too young for a doggie day-care or park, not sure why you can't take her out though? Environment concerns?
It's a great time to bond and start training as Tracey mentioned…enjoy this phase, it doesn't last long and you'll miss it!!

OP
B

Bubbles

Nov 22, 2015
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles (Buba) and Cammi
Still need one more shot. Been walikng her in the backyard, she loves it out there.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I have played ball will chunky from day one. He doesn't always want to give up the ball but he does retrieve it and tries keeping it away from my hands.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Any other activity to tire out a pup, besides tug-a-war ? Too young to take out for a walk. Now I know what my wife means while I'm at work all day. Been up since 7 am playing with her, finally went back down for a nap, but are there any other crative and productive activities for a 16 week old ?
Toys only last a little while without my hand attached to them, and it gets boring after some time, although it seems like she could go all day tugging.
Thanks,

Hi, you can try some Kong toys that you can fil, with peanut butter, that she can play with and lick the peanut butter, you can try some balls, we bought a Wag and Giggle Ball, you can throw a ball to him, a giant Jolly Ball. I was told by my vet, that once they had their second shots, you can let them play with dogs that you know, like neighbours, or family and friends dogs, as long as you know the owners and they have had their shots then it's safe for them to play together.

raghu

Jan 7, 2015
India
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
16 weeks is almost 4 months.
Most definitely can be taken out on a scheduled walk.
Start with 5-10 mins at your pup's pace and then gradually increase the time to 15-20 mins at your pace.
By your pace I mean it should be a brisk shuffle for your bully.
Usually takes about 1-2 months to get them into a routine.
Walk them early in the morning and late at night in summer or warmer months.
Start them young and they will look forward to it.

I started mine at 3 months. She is 14 months now and can do 30 mins of walking 2 times a day and still have energy left to trouble my older boxer at home.

Cheers,
Raghu

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome2: to EBN and puppyhood!!! I would introduce Nylabones (PLEASE NO rawhide chews) to keep her busy chewing, and keep a variety of toys… stuffies, balls, or frisbee's. Some dogs enjoy one toy over the others, and they do get bored. Mental stimulation makes them tired so take the opportunity to introduce some basic training such as sit, stay, and leave it. We have toys that hide treats in them and that will keep them busy for awhile or you can play hide and seek w/them using a blanket or the furniture. Good luck w/your new baby… and yes at some point she will settle down!!!

agreed.... training is a good energy sucker and so are toys that make them think/work -- like a Kong Wobble, add some kibble and watch them go

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Still need one more shot. Been walikng her in the backyard, she loves it out there.

What shots does she need before she can go out? I've seen before here on EBN that puppies are not going on walks until they have had all shots. Might be something we don't have where I live - we took Castor out one mini walks at once.

Back to your question: we hid treats and food in empty cardboard packages and empty toilet paper roles (I just pressed the ends together and folded down to close the paper tube) and Castor would work himself tired trying to open them. Good luck with the little one!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.