Help- Should I get small or large Fromm puppy formula?!?

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Watch out for treats too.... they may contain grains or other ingredients that may cause the tear stains. Izzy only gets her kibble, tons of bones from the feed store, peanut butter and yogurt... oh and salmon oil. That's pretty much her diet.

Oh yea! I've cut out EVERYTHING with chicken. LOL. I have a local natural pet store here and they sell sample bags of all the kibble they sell in the store for .50! So ill get a few bags of ones with no chicken and use that for treats. I've also done peanut butter and they LOVE it. They get plain yogurt in their breakfast (And 2 blueberries each when I make morning shakes :) ). I've yet to try bones from feed store. They do love antlers though. Are the bones messy and which ones do you get? It's so hard finding toys for them too. Even at 8 months they are such power chewers! They destroy almost everything.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Well I have wood floor so I usually start with the new bones inside the crate, when they are messier. Once she chews all the "dry meat" around then I let her chew on the bone outside the crate. But I try to make it a special crate treat ;) She is so cute.... as soon as I pick up a special treat she runs to her crate! she knows!

As far as toys... the only toy that have resisted Izzy for more than 1 year is this one - dont know how... why.... she bites, chews on it... suckles on it... and it still intacts!
download.png

Oh yea! I've cut out EVERYTHING with chicken. LOL. I have a local natural pet store here and they sell sample bags of all the kibble they sell in the store for .50! So ill get a few bags of ones with no chicken and use that for treats. I've also done peanut butter and they LOVE it. They get plain yogurt in their breakfast (And 2 blueberries each when I make morning shakes :) ). I've yet to try bones from feed store. They do love antlers though. Are the bones messy and which ones do you get? It's so hard finding toys for them too. Even at 8 months they are such power chewers! They destroy almost everything.

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Well I have wood floor so I usually start with the new bones inside the crate, when they are messier. Once she chews all the "dry meat" around then I let her chew on the bone outside the crate. But I try to make it a special crate treat ;) She is so cute.... as soon as I pick up a special treat she runs to her crate! she knows!

As far as toys... the only toy that have resisted Izzy for more than 1 year is this one - dont know how... why.... she bites, chews on it... suckles on it... and it still intacts!
View attachment 94640

OH - I've seen those, but was a little hesitant bc of the "fluff". I've read a few other people say good things about it. I may try it out. Mine do the same thing when we say "go to bed". They know they get the "good treats" (blue buffalo yogurt and apples or blueberry biscuits) so they run to their crates and just sit there. LOL When they do things like that, it proves how equally smart and stubborn they are. I recently clicker trained them to come when we go outside. They started to try to hangout in the neighbors yard and not come when called - so last weekend I got a clicker and some "good treats" and worked with them. Now every time they go in the neighbors yard, I use the clicker and say come - they both come charging to me waiting for their treat. LOL

Members online

No members online now.