Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help- Should I get small or large Fromm puppy formula?!?

Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help- Should I get small or large Fromm puppy formula?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Brudysmom View Post
    Im actually switching Brutus to Fromm. He's 6 months old and I think I'm going to try the Salmon Tunalni. He's been on Orjien for about two months but his skin has gotten so dry. I've been giving him fish oil and recently gave him an oatmeal bath. His coat has gotten softer since the fish oil, but his skin is still flaky and he bites his paws. Is switching to Fromm a good idea?
    Have you also tried coconut oil? I give my babies about a tablespoon every night at dinner. That also helps a lot with their skin - you can rub it on them too. Their paws pads included. So they have been on Fromm Gold Prairie small puppy formula for a few weeks now. There's still a little of their old food left (Victor - which I loved, but most of all their food has chicken ) But I definitely see a change in Penny's tear stains. They are slowly starting to lighten up. I think it will get there faster once their old food runs out. After this bag, Im going to go ahead and switch them to adult formula. So far so good though. Not having any issues and they seem to really enjoy it.
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy's Mom View Post
    Thats what I did. Izzy is 3 and a half... she has been eating Fromm Beef Frittata since 6 month old... does great on it. She loves it... no tear stains.... no allergies... no pink in her face...
    That's what I'm hoping for. I HATE her tear stains. Hopefully after their old bag is all the way gone and they are 100% Fromm then I'll see a faster change. It's funny though, one side of her face is lightening up really quick (more of a tan color now than a bronzy color) and the other side is still dark. ERR!! I just need patience I guess. lol
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Corine Pesantes View Post
    That's what I'm hoping for. I HATE her tear stains. Hopefully after their old bag is all the way gone and they are 100% Fromm then I'll see a faster change. It's funny though, one side of her face is lightening up really quick (more of a tan color now than a bronzy color) and the other side is still dark. ERR!! I just need patience I guess. lol
    Watch out for treats too.... they may contain grains or other ingredients that may cause the tear stains. Izzy only gets her kibble, tons of bones from the feed store, peanut butter and yogurt... oh and salmon oil. That's pretty much her diet.

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Watch out for treats too.... they may contain grains or other ingredients that may cause the tear stains. Izzy only gets her kibble, tons of bones from the feed store, peanut butter and yogurt... oh and salmon oil. That's pretty much her diet.

Oh yea! I've cut out EVERYTHING with chicken. LOL. I have a local natural pet store here and they sell sample bags of all the kibble they sell in the store for .50! So ill get a few bags of ones with no chicken and use that for treats. I've also done peanut butter and they LOVE it. They get plain yogurt in their breakfast (And 2 blueberries each when I make morning shakes ). I've yet to try bones from feed store. They do love antlers though. Are the bones messy and which ones do you get? It's so hard finding toys for them too. Even at 8 months they are such power chewers! They destroy almost everything.

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Well I have wood floor so I usually start with the new bones inside the crate, when they are messier. Once she chews all the "dry meat" around then I let her chew on the bone outside the crate. But I try to make it a special crate treat She is so cute.... as soon as I pick up a special treat she runs to her crate! she knows!

As far as toys... the only toy that have resisted Izzy for more than 1 year is this one - dont know how... why.... she bites, chews on it... suckles on it... and it still intacts!
    -download-png

Quote Originally Posted by Corine Pesantes View Post
    Oh yea! I've cut out EVERYTHING with chicken. LOL. I have a local natural pet store here and they sell sample bags of all the kibble they sell in the store for .50! So ill get a few bags of ones with no chicken and use that for treats. I've also done peanut butter and they LOVE it. They get plain yogurt in their breakfast (And 2 blueberries each when I make morning shakes ). I've yet to try bones from feed store. They do love antlers though. Are the bones messy and which ones do you get? It's so hard finding toys for them too. Even at 8 months they are such power chewers! They destroy almost everything.

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Well I have wood floor so I usually start with the new bones inside the crate, when they are messier. Once she chews all the "dry meat" around then I let her chew on the bone outside the crate. But I try to make it a special crate treat She is so cute.... as soon as I pick up a special treat she runs to her crate! she knows!

As far as toys... the only toy that have resisted Izzy for more than 1 year is this one - dont know how... why.... she bites, chews on it... suckles on it... and it still intacts!
    -download-png
    OH - I've seen those, but was a little hesitant bc of the "fluff". I've read a few other people say good things about it. I may try it out. Mine do the same thing when we say "go to bed". They know they get the "good treats" (blue buffalo yogurt and apples or blueberry biscuits) so they run to their crates and just sit there. LOL When they do things like that, it proves how equally smart and stubborn they are. I recently clicker trained them to come when we go outside. They started to try to hangout in the neighbors yard and not come when called - so last weekend I got a clicker and some "good treats" and worked with them. Now every time they go in the neighbors yard, I use the clicker and say come - they both come charging to me waiting for their treat. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads