New Bully Introductions

AllieCoop

Jun 8, 2014
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Allie Grace and Cooper Jax
I have 2 eb's a male and female 22months old. My Lil boy has never been dominate until last night when I brought a new bully 16 weeks home. He wasn't mean just dominating him by towering over him and trying to lick his ears. My new lil guy was scared. Is that normal... What's the best way to have a successful introduction? TIA sooooo much!!!!

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Welcome to EBN! I only have the one so I can't offer much help or advice with introducing the two but there are a bunch of people here who have two even four and I'm sure they'll have some great advice for you :) please post some pictures!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
This is normal behavior and when you see him doing it, tell him NO!!! If he doesn't stop when you tell him no, then get up and make him move. That lets him know you will not put up with that behavior and you are still in charge. Show everyone the same attention and include them all in play. You just have to watch the little one so he will not get hurt, since he is so much smaller then the others. They will tend to run over him at times. Can't wait to see pics of your new pup. Also make sure the new pup gets plenty of sleep and doesn't play to long, as he is still a baby and needs more sleep then the others.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I recently got a new puppy and Winnie didn't like him at all. She was jealous and kept wedging herself between him and me. She growled and even snapped a couple of times (didn't bite though). David gave you good advice. I was just careful not to give the puppy all the attention and corrected Winnie when she got nasty. They are besties now--it only took a few days:
image.jpg image.jpg

OP
AllieCoop

AllieCoop

Jun 8, 2014
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Allie Grace and Cooper Jax
What about humping (sorry) ... I know it's for dominance. It seems that when I say something like no, etc...
my older bully gets even more rough. If I just ignore it he dominates for awhile then at least stops and doesn't seem to want to actually hurt him.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Well, [MENTION=12082]AllieCoop[/MENTION], Winnie didn't hump, but Gus humps her now when she has a toy he wants. We just tell him "no!" and pull him away. I think he's getting the idea, but we need to work on it more. It doesn't seem to bother Winnie a bit!

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Same when I brought my new guy home. He was dominating the original EBD of the house. The humping went both ways, and I just made them knock it off, as it was suggested. The "new" one still stands over the "old" one, and I usually have to get up and push him off. If I'm already out and about, I just walk into him with my feet to kind of knock him off and let him know that I'm in charge (Advice from a dog trainer.) I was also told that you have to be consistent 100% of the time. If you don't make him stop doing it once, then you have to do it 10 more times to count back for that one time you didn't do it. I figure I've got another 2 years of having to keep firm and responsive to this behavior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What an adorable pair! the gang has you covered.... stay consistent and you will win over

Most Reactions