She's got me concerned tonight

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
My English bulldog began making a noise like she's in pain. It started when she was laying down next to me , I was helpless . She made the same noise again when she was laying down. Anyone experience this? I am going to take her to the vet just thought I would ask , it's got me concerned.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
What kind of noise? Like a moan? Cry/Yelp? Have you tried feeling her everywhere - belly, legs, etc to see if she responds to any painful areas?

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She makes the cry/ Yelp . I did feel everywhere no cry/ Yelp. I am guessing it could be her ears.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
She makes the cry/ Yelp . I did feel everywhere no cry/ Yelp. I am guessing it could be her ears.

Is she shaking her head? Do her ears feel hot or smell?

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She did shake her head today . Her ears are not hot nor smell. Just odd bec she was laying down and when she got up , she cry/ Yelp .

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hmm. Could she have just been trying to get your attention? Although if she's shaking her head she could have an ear infection. Try cleaning them with a cotton ball & some witch hazel
If you have any. Or any medicated ear ointment.

Hope she settles down & rests tonight.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hmm. Could she have just been trying to get your attention? Although if she's shaking her head she could have an ear infection. Try cleaning them with a cotton ball & some witch hazel
If you have any. Or any medicated ear ointment.

Hope she settles down & rests tonight.

I will do this. She got up ok last night for her last evening potty break. This morning she woke without cry/Yelp . Going to keep my eyes on her and vet visit Thur.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It can't be her hips?

Good question . I can ask the vet to check it out. I touched her everywhere seems to be ok.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Good question . I can ask the vet to check it out. I touched her everywhere seems to be ok.

Hip dysplasia is common but it could probably be a number of things, I read somewhere anal glands can also cause pain but then they would most likely show other signs consistent with that... I hope the vet finds what's going on.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hip dysplasia is common but it could probably be a number of things, I read somewhere anal glands can also cause pain but then they would most likely show other signs consistent with that... I hope the vet finds what's going on.

She has anal gland issues. Not too long ago, she had a ruptured anal gland . Two things popped in my head , anal gland and ears. The cry/ Yelp got me wondering when she got up last night from her nap.

This morning she woke up and no cry/ Yelp . Going to keep my eyes on her and vet trip to check anal glands and ears .

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww I'm sorry you are going through this worry with Porkchop, and I hope she is okay. These babies always seem to worry us, they are so sensitive. You have been given good advice and suggestions already, and it is a good idea to let the vet take a look. Please keep us posted on how she's doing.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petra and Viking girl sure I will keep you posted. Yes, any move just makes me helpless bec I have no idea what is wrong with her. Especially, being a newbie and Porkchop is my first dog since I was a child. This forum gives good advice and more. Thank you [emoji173]️

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
UPDATE: Miss Porkchop had ear issues and we checked her anal glands and got expressed. She got an injection and meds . She's on her way to recovery.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.