Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pick #2 of the litter - Should I keep my choice open as far as a male or female?

Default Re: Pick #2 of the litter - Should I keep my choice open as far as a male or female?

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    Hi Michael, If you are going to spay or neuter, it doesn't matter. I always had female dogs growing up so that is the trend I followed with the labs I got UNTIL that fateful day I got a bully. My first bully Brutus is a boy (and the absolute love of my life) and then we rescued Frankie (my second love) also a boy. I feel, In my opinion, that the boys are very very loving and loyal. Now could the difference I see be that it is the breed that is loving and loyal? Absolutely, so I say go with who captures your heart. I can't wait to see pics.
    Thank you so much for taking time to reply! Definitely will post pics when we pick up the boy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by raghu View Post
    @michael

If you are going to neuter or spay your pup, sex should not matter.

If you are interested in breeding, then females are going to require more attention from your end.
    Every 6-7 months is the heat cycle; lasts 21-25 days.
    Then there is pregnancy and litters. Males are easier in this respect.

Cheers,
    Raghu
    Thank you! Appreciate your input.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    I have always had 4 or 5 dogs at a time,all my "grown up" life. That being a long time! Of all the dogs,I have had 2 males,one a rescue,one a tiny poodle. Both of them I had castrated. The two boys were good boys. All the girls were good girls. No fights. I never could understand why people say that females don't get along. My choice for you would be the one that you fall for the most!
    Thank you Lynn!

Default Re: Pick #2 of the litter - Should I keep my choice open as far as a male or female?

Thank you so much for taking the time to share all this great information with me. Totally appreciate it.!!!!

3. Likes NewEnglandBully liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads