Emmitt's in surgery :(

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
We go to the same Vet, I was told it was a raw hide. Poor little guy, I hope he recovers fully. I was worried it was one of his little sister's Barbie heads.:lol:

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
soo glad he is better, was nervous scrolling through the thread reading all the posts until I saw the one said he was ok!!

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeeell, I & the Dukemeister send our positive energy your way.:pray: Hopefully all is all right. What I can't understand is why the vet didn't induce a laxative? Once I thought Duke swallowed my hearing aid.......He ate a plastic bottle cap..........but........several x-rays and.......an induced laxative.......he was cleaned out and so was my wallet...:)....You gotta love them. The hearing aid showed up in the car a day later.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
So glad to hear he's ok!!! :luv:

OP
Emmitt E

Emmitt E

Nov 1, 2010
Thanks guys!

I assume the bone was the pug's. We always watch Emmitt when we give him a bone. We hadn't given him one in about 4 days. I think the pug had it hidden and Emmitt found it. No worries. All the rawhide bones are out of the house.

The laxative wouldn't have worked b/c the top of his esophagus was corked shut. Nothing was getting in or out.

On the final xray there was still something sitting in his stomach that she thinks will pass. Who knows what that is? Good gracious.

He's happy and acting normal and taking his medicine like a champ.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
So glad to hear he is ok! So scary! I know how you feel when Samson swallowed a squecky toy earlier this year, it was a terrible experience. Everyone be careful, it's amazing what these bullys can and will eat and swallow!

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
wow, just now seeing this. how wonderful that your hubby was home! :whew: so thankful he is better now. :pray: this made me throw away one lingering rawhide that my lab has had and i placed it up on a shelf when we brought Bullet home.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Oh no!! So sorry to hear this. It's so upsetting when our babies are sick. :(

I'll be keeping you and little Emmitt in my thoughts. Keep us updated please!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Glad to hear he's doing better! I am amazed by what they can swallow. I have a friend who adopted a French Bulldog from a family who also has two English Bulldogs (apparently the Frenchie was not getting along AT ALL with the EBs so they had to give him up). One of those EBs swallows tennis balls!!! WHOLE! I almost had a heart attack when I heard it. Chunk plays with an oversized tennis ball now (a Kong version). Even though he was always protective of his regular tennis balls, I decided this was safer. Plus it is the only toy he has ever picked out at a store. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.