Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice on how to "train" my children to be more gentle with our dogs.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need advice on how to "train" my children to be more gentle with our dogs.

@Gertie's Mom: but you get more honies when you're fly!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need advice on how to "train" my children to be more gentle with our dogs.

When my daughter was younger she was always putting her face in the dog's face, and she would startle the dog often by sneaking in like that. It was very frustrating,but I keep saying to her that it was not nice sneaking like that and that dogs get scared also, and that she could get hurt. I just keep telling Her that we all have boundries and that she had to wait for the dog to come and play with her. I had to repeat myself a few times more, but she got it. Hope this helps!
    LisaMarie

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester
    Likes (Received)

don't feel bad.. my kids are 15 and 17 and won't leave the dogs alone..thus, I have a 17 year old with a scar by her eye from a few months ago. (not from Chester, but the shih tzu).
    It's a Bully thing <3

When the bully was created, it licked the hand of God and God stroked its head, saying, "What do you want, baby bully?" It replied, "My Lord, I want to stay with you, in heaven, on a mat in front of the gate."

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    he lets the three year old read to him on the floor. and by read i mean she points to shapes and colors in the book and shows him the pictures. lol. it's pretty cute.

Would love to see a video of that!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads