Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: How did you decide on your bully's name?

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Default How did you decide on your bully's name?

I thought it would be fun to learn more about everyone's bullies more and I'm curious to see how everyone chose their baby's name? I'm in New York and Murray flew to me from Texas. Before we met I considered naming him Fozzie bear and calling him Fozzie for short but when we met and I got to know him more it just wasn't right for him. My grandfather died a year and a half ago and he loved dogs, his middle name was Murray and as soon as the thought crossed my mind I knew it was the perfect fit. Looking forward to hearing your stories

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How did you decide on your bully's name?

Quote Originally Posted by CCandMurray View Post
    I thought it would be fun to learn more about everyone's bullies more and I'm curious to see how everyone chose their baby's name? I'm in New York and Murray flew to me from Texas. Before we met I considered naming him Fozzie bear and calling him Fozzie for short but when we met and I got to know him more it just wasn't right for him. My grandfather died a year and a half ago and he loved dogs, his middle name was Murray and as soon as the thought crossed my mind I knew it was the perfect fit. Looking forward to hearing your stories
    From the cartoon "Meet the Robinsons." The little character Mike Yagoobian ("but people call me Goob") was so, so cute!!! I told my husband that if we EVER got an English Bulldog, that his name would be Yagoobian but we will call him Goob, quoting from the movie...5 years later, I got my Goob.

Years later, people asked me if Goob was short for Goober from the character on the Andy Griffith show. I would say no, that it was short for Yagoobian. haha I get some pretty weird looks sometimes.

Murray is super cute!!!
    The righteous care for the needs of their animals,
    but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Yagoobian-I love it! And goob is a great nick name

4. Likes Manydogs, Vikinggirl liked this post
    Doggie Boutique Owner MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

I kept her name Porkchop after adopting her. Did it to make her feel comfortable and to gain her trust . I called her Layla nothing happened . I kept her name and she likes it lol I call her Porkie bean , Porkie, PC and my list can go on forever haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I named FTSE years before getting him.
    I used to watch the stock exchange each morning before going to work and I told my husband I had chosen the name FTSE (Ftse100 from the UK stock exchange) for when I get an English bulldog to his reply of well your never going to get one, and FTSE was my Christmas Present in 2011 but I chose him and he came home to live with us on January 2nd 2012. Best Christmas Present ever

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

i named gucci because i thought she acted so high class and posh... lol. i thought she should sound as expensive as she acted and i always wanted a gucci purse anyway.. lol..

Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Well it was Raiden first but Brett just didn't looked like a Raiden to us. So Brett it's more fitting and also after one of the great QB. When we got the 2nd one. I've always wanted to named him Logan since we saw Logan' face he definitely looked like a Wolverine! So Logan it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

My maiden name is Winn. My first dog when I was a baby--I don't even remember her--was a blonde cocker spaniel named Winnie Winn. I always wanted to name another of my dogs Winnie and when I finally got this little bully girl, "Winnie" seemed to fit just right. It seems like Winston is a common bulldog name (you know, Winston Churchilll and jowls and English), but Winnie's name came from a different place! So now I'm 65 and I have another Winnie!

Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh, what a great thread!!

Hubby picked the name many years back (before we had even met). He always wanted an English Bulldog and he liked that line in Dumb and Dumber "kick his *$$ Sea-Bass".
    Little did he know that his future wife would fall head over heels-crazy-in-love and "his" bulldog would become his wife's baby!!
    His middle name is Kringle, because we got him for Christmas. He has a few nick-names that he answers to…my favorite is "Goomba" it's the equivalent to "honey" or "sweetheart", but due to having four other "honeys" and "sweethearts" running around here, he gets something different.

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey and Juice
    Likes (Received)

Bullies are a silly breed so I originally wanted the name 'Beans'.... Then Gunnar.... Then Hammer.... and then the name Bogey was picked (I play a lot of golf). Birdie, eagle and especially albatross didn't sound right and totally doesn't match my game. Lol... Funny enough, someone the other day asked what Bogey's name was and as I said "Bogey" it was replied with "Oh, like a cigarette?" "No. like in golf" "Ahhh... he's like your plus 1"... So fittingly perfect!!.. Bogey IS our plus one to the family...

Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post
    My maiden name is Winn. My first dog when I was a baby--I don't even remember her--was a blonde cocker spaniel named Winnie Winn. I always wanted to name another of my dogs Winnie and when I finally got this little bully girl, "Winnie" seemed to fit just right. It seems like Winston is a common bulldog name (you know, Winston Churchilll and jowls and English), but Winnie's name came from a different place! So now I'm 65 and I have another Winnie!
    It's a "win-win" situation - Imma dork

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

13. Likes CCandMurray, Biogirl71, Manydogs liked this post
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Nothing really inspired me. From the time I was in the Marines I knew if I ever had a bulldog I would name it Chesty or Smedley if it was a male or Harlea if it was a female.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads