How did you decide on your bully's name?

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I wasn't going too name him Chunky White but, I kept aggravating my niece who went with me to pick him up that i was going to call him that and it stuck. The name actually came from chunky white chicken salad that my family always bought from Publix while living in miami. Everyone thought i was joking about naming him that

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Emmitt & Rogan. The main decision had to have human names. I named Emmitt after Dallas Cowboys Emmitt Smith. Weesie name Rogan. Rogan, what is a Rogan. An uncle on her family tree. No that won't work I will have to explain that name every time I say Rogan. She was dead set on Rogan. So I tell everyone Rogan was Weesie's third husband. It worked out.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
When I saw Maude,as a little pup-for some reason the name just popped in my head.Some people think she she named after Bea Arthur,who had a show by that name. Martha is named from a cartoon-Martha Speaks(a dog that talks) because she was a very vocal pup! Lizzie was named after the first dog my husband and got as soon as we were married-her name was Elizabeth Taylor.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
And then there's Maude. Didn't know Martha speaks but definitely Lizzie. Great names

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Nothing really inspired me. From the time I was in the Marines I knew if I ever had a bulldog I would name it Chesty or Smedley if it was a male or Harlea if it was a female.
My Dad calls SeaBass "Chesty"…he was in the reserves. Any time I send him a Bass pic he replies 'OORAH CHESTY"

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko means "Faith" and his morher Is Lempi "Love" ja father Toivo "Hope".....so you may see why....
Voitto means Victory and since we like to go to dog shows it just means that we will always take home the victory....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our babies are all from sports figures:

Lord Reginald Nitschke .... Reggie White and Ray Nitschke (Green Bay Packer football players)
Fergie Santo Banks .... Ferguson Jenkins, Ron Santo and Ernie banks (Chicago Cubs baseball players)
Towes Esposito Chelios .... Jonathan Towes, Tony Esposito and Chris Chelios (Chicago Blackhawks ice hockey players)
Earl Louis Lambeau ..... Greenbay Packer football player an the name of the home stadium

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Our babies are all from sports figures:

Lord Reginald Nitschke .... Reggie White and Ray Nitschke (Green Bay Packer football players)
Fergie Santo Banks .... Ferguson Jenkins, Ron Santo and Ernie banks (Chicago Cubs baseball players)
Towes Esposito Chelios .... Jonathan Towes, Tony Esposito and Chris Chelios (Chicago Blackhawks ice hockey players)
Earl Louis Lambeau ..... Greenbay Packer football player an the name of the home stadium
Any chance I can talk you into getting a Brady?!?! :meeting:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I love everyone's naming stories. Ever since I met my husband, he talked about getting an EB. We were watching the newer Sherlock Holmes movie and Sherlock had a bulldog named Gladstone. So he decided that if we got a bulldog, it would be Gladstone. Well we picked out Frank and as soon as we got him home, we tried calling him Gladstone and it just didn't work. He reminded us more of the Will Farrell character in "Old School" so he became Frank the Tank.

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I wasn't going too name him Chunky White but, I kept aggravating my niece who went with me to pick him up that i was going to call him that and it stuck. The name actually came from chunky white chicken salad that my family always bought from Publix while living in miami. Everyone thought i was joking about naming him that
I love it!!!! Plus Chunky White is much cuter than say chicken of the sea ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I love it!!!! Plus Chunky White is much cuter than say chicken of the sea ;)

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I love this thread, so much fun. I had always wanted an EB for over 10 years, and I always told my hubby that if I ever got lucky enough to own one, I wanted a male and I would call him Bulldozer (Dozer for short), so when I finally got him, I knew that was his name. I also like d the name Tonka, so when my hubby said he couldn't leave his sister behind, we took both home. I was going to call her Tonka, but hubby and my son said it was a boys name. I suggested Tanka, but they didn't like it. So the we started thinking of girl/boy pairs names like Elvis and Priscilla, Jagger and Bianca, Rocky and Adrienne, or Rocky and Roxie, Diesel and Diva, which gave me the idea to keep with the letter B. We had our Bulldozer and I liked the name Bergen, for my home town in Norway, but the guys had other ideas. My next favourite name was Ladybug (Bugg for short), but then I saw the name Blossom and fell in love with it, plus she was as cute and pretty as a little flower Blossom also she is mostly white, and when she gets excited or warm, her pink skin shows through her fur, and it reminds us of an Apple Blossom which is my favourite tree, and my son also loves the Asian culture and Apple Blossoms represent the Asian culture.

[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] they are both perfect :)

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I kept her name Porkchop after adopting her. Did it to make her feel comfortable and to gain her trust . I called her Layla nothing happened . I kept her name and she likes it lol I call her Porkie bean , Porkie, PC and my list can go on forever haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it suits her!!! With the pink and the white she looks like a pork chop :)

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I named FTSE years before getting him.
I used to watch the stock exchange each morning before going to work and I told my husband I had chosen the name FTSE (Ftse100 from the UK stock exchange) for when I get an English bulldog to his reply of well your never going to get one, and FTSE was my Christmas Present in 2011 but I chose him and he came home to live with us on January 2nd 2012. Best Christmas Present ever
Just one question Julie, does FTSE like to play footsie ???? :)

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
i named gucci because i thought she acted so high class and posh... lol. i thought she should sound as expensive as she acted and i always wanted a gucci purse anyway.. lol..

Gucci is super high class! In fact, all she needs now is a few high end siblings...Michael Kors, Coach, Louis Vitton :)

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
My maiden name is Winn. My first dog when I was a baby--I don't even remember her--was a blonde cocker spaniel named Winnie Winn. I always wanted to name another of my dogs Winnie and when I finally got this little bully girl, "Winnie" seemed to fit just right. It seems like Winston is a common bulldog name (you know, Winston Churchilll and jowls and English), but Winnie's name came from a different place! So now I'm 65 and I have another Winnie!
Winnie is such a sweet name! A beloved one too, I think. Winnie the Pooh, Winnie from the wonder years. Love it :)

Members online

No members online now.