How did you decide on your bully's name?

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I thought it would be fun to learn more about everyone's bullies more and I'm curious to see how everyone chose their baby's name? I'm in New York and Murray flew to me from Texas. Before we met I considered naming him Fozzie bear and calling him Fozzie for short but when we met and I got to know him more it just wasn't right for him. My grandfather died a year and a half ago and he loved dogs, his middle name was Murray and as soon as the thought crossed my mind I knew it was the perfect fit. Looking forward to hearing your stories :)

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I thought it would be fun to learn more about everyone's bullies more and I'm curious to see how everyone chose their baby's name? I'm in New York and Murray flew to me from Texas. Before we met I considered naming him Fozzie bear and calling him Fozzie for short but when we met and I got to know him more it just wasn't right for him. My grandfather died a year and a half ago and he loved dogs, his middle name was Murray and as soon as the thought crossed my mind I knew it was the perfect fit. Looking forward to hearing your stories :)

From the cartoon "Meet the Robinsons." The little character Mike Yagoobian ("but people call me Goob") was so, so cute!!! I told my husband that if we EVER got an English Bulldog, that his name would be Yagoobian but we will call him Goob, quoting from the movie...5 years later, I got my Goob.

Years later, people asked me if Goob was short for Goober from the character on the Andy Griffith show. I would say no, that it was short for Yagoobian. haha I get some pretty weird looks sometimes.

Murray is super cute!!!

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Yagoobian-I love it! And goob is a great nick name :)

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I kept her name Porkchop after adopting her. Did it to make her feel comfortable and to gain her trust . I called her Layla nothing happened . I kept her name and she likes it lol I call her Porkie bean , Porkie, PC and my list can go on forever haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I named FTSE years before getting him.
I used to watch the stock exchange each morning before going to work and I told my husband I had chosen the name FTSE (Ftse100 from the UK stock exchange) for when I get an English bulldog to his reply of well your never going to get one, and FTSE was my Christmas Present in 2011 but I chose him and he came home to live with us on January 2nd 2012. Best Christmas Present ever

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
i named gucci because i thought she acted so high class and posh... lol. i thought she should sound as expensive as she acted and i always wanted a gucci purse anyway.. lol..

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Well it was Raiden first but Brett just didn't looked like a Raiden to us. So Brett it's more fitting and also after one of the great QB. When we got the 2nd one. I've always wanted to named him Logan since we saw Logan' face he definitely looked like a Wolverine! So Logan it is! [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
My maiden name is Winn. My first dog when I was a baby--I don't even remember her--was a blonde cocker spaniel named Winnie Winn. I always wanted to name another of my dogs Winnie and when I finally got this little bully girl, "Winnie" seemed to fit just right. It seems like Winston is a common bulldog name (you know, Winston Churchilll and jowls and English), but Winnie's name came from a different place! So now I'm 65 and I have another Winnie!

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Oh, what a great thread!!

Hubby picked the name many years back (before we had even met). He always wanted an English Bulldog and he liked that line in Dumb and Dumber "kick his *$$ Sea-Bass".
Little did he know that his future wife would fall head over heels-crazy-in-love and "his" bulldog would become his wife's baby!!
His middle name is Kringle, because we got him for Christmas. He has a few nick-names that he answers to…my favorite is "Goomba" it's the equivalent to "honey" or "sweetheart", but due to having four other "honeys" and "sweethearts" running around here, he gets something different.

Bogey416

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bogey and Juice
Bullies are a silly breed so I originally wanted the name 'Beans'.... Then Gunnar.... Then Hammer.... and then the name Bogey was picked (I play a lot of golf). Birdie, eagle and especially albatross didn't sound right and totally doesn't match my game. Lol... Funny enough, someone the other day asked what Bogey's name was and as I said "Bogey" it was replied with "Oh, like a cigarette?" "No. like in golf" "Ahhh... he's like your plus 1"... So fittingly perfect!!.. Bogey IS our plus one to the family...

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
My maiden name is Winn. My first dog when I was a baby--I don't even remember her--was a blonde cocker spaniel named Winnie Winn. I always wanted to name another of my dogs Winnie and when I finally got this little bully girl, "Winnie" seemed to fit just right. It seems like Winston is a common bulldog name (you know, Winston Churchilll and jowls and English), but Winnie's name came from a different place! So now I'm 65 and I have another Winnie!
It's a "win-win" situation :ROFL: - Imma dork ;)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Nothing really inspired me. From the time I was in the Marines I knew if I ever had a bulldog I would name it Chesty or Smedley if it was a male or Harlea if it was a female.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I love this thread, so much fun. I had always wanted an EB for over 10 years, and I always told my hubby that if I ever got lucky enough to own one, I wanted a male and I would call him Bulldozer (Dozer for short), so when I finally got him, I knew that was his name. I also like d the name Tonka, so when my hubby said he couldn't leave his sister behind, we took both home. I was going to call her Tonka, but hubby and my son said it was a boys name. I suggested Tanka, but they didn't like it. So the we started thinking of girl/boy pairs names like Elvis and Priscilla, Jagger and Bianca, Rocky and Adrienne, or Rocky and Roxie, Diesel and Diva, which gave me the idea to keep with the letter B. We had our Bulldozer and I liked the name Bergen, for my home town in Norway, but the guys had other ideas. My next favourite name was Ladybug (Bugg for short), but then I saw the name Blossom and fell in love with it, plus she was as cute and pretty as a little flower Blossom also she is mostly white, and when she gets excited or warm, her pink skin shows through her fur, and it reminds us of an Apple Blossom which is my favourite tree, and my son also loves the Asian culture and Apple Blossoms represent the Asian culture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 140

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
one of wifey's favorite TV series, SUITS. One of the main character is a witty, debonaire lawyer named Harvey Reginald Specter. Wife loves the show so much that she demanded the name Harvey Reginald Specter on his AKC certificate.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
When we got Monty he was called Meaty but looking at him, it just didn't seem dignified enough. So we came up with Monty as it was close to his original name and we thought, suited him so much better. Plus, it reminds me of home!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.