Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How did you decide on your bully's name?

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How did you decide on your bully's name?

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    I got Tyson as a rescue, and he was already named. He's acquired many nicknames throughout the years: Marshmallow, Ty-Ty, Boo Boo, Handsome, Stinky (at times, lol) haha.
    I think Tyson is a great name! And marshmallow- what a cute nickname!!!!!

2. Likes harveyspecter, TyTysmom liked this post
    Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

i thought about that if we ever decided to breed her.. name her puppies that.. lol.. but no... i don't want to ge thru that again..

4. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Raghu Prasad
    Country
    India
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Here is how ours came to be named Bella short for Bellada-Unde.

We had a choice of pups male or female when picking from the litter. Wife and I had decided to put down the deposit and pick a male.
    Had already picked "Gabbar" as the name for a male after the most iconic villain in Indian cinema.
    At the last moment, I decided that a female would be a good addition to the family. We have a 11 year old boy and 5 year old male boxer.
    3 males (incl me) and only 1 woman in the home seemed a bit unbalanced. So female it was.

Regarding name choices, I had not given it much thought. My son had named our boxer "Rudy" after the dinosaur in Ice Age 3.
    This time around he chose "Cherie" (he is learning French at school this year). Wife also liked this name.

When we saw Bella, the first thing that struck me was that she looked like a ball of jaggery (extract from sugarcane).
    In my local language, a ball of jaggery is called "Bellada-unde" or "Bella" in short form. This name resonated with all of us.
    Her KCI registered name is "Olina Eva". I think it means joyful girl, which Bella definitely is.

Attached are pics of Bella (as a pup) and what jaggery looks like.

-bellada-unde-jpg Bella as a pup

-unde-bella-jpg What jaggery looks like

6. Likes 2BullyMama, TyTysmom, CCandMurray liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by raghu View Post

We had a choice of pups male or female when picking from the litter. Wife and I had decided to put down the deposit and pick a male.
    Had already picked "Gabbar" as the name for a male after the most iconic villain in Indian cinema.
    At the last moment, I decided that a female would be a good addition to the family. We have a 11 year old boy and 5 year old male boxer.
    3 males (incl me) and only 1 woman in the home seemed a bit unbalanced. So female it was.

Regarding name choices, I had not given it much thought. My son had named our boxer "Rudy" after the dinosaur in Ice Age 3.
    This time around he chose "Cherie" (he is learning French at school this year). Wife also liked this name.

When we saw Bella, the first thing that struck me was that she looked like a ball of jaggery (extract from sugarcane).
    In my local language, a ball of jaggery is called "Bellada-unde" or "Bella" in short form. This name resonated with all of us.
    Her KCI registered name is "Olina Eva". I think it means joyful girl, which Bella definitely is.

What a precious photo of her as a baby
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

8. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by raghu View Post

What a wonderful story and great name choices!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

I picked Wheezie before I ever even met her.I just knew she would sound Wheezie when she breathed and I was right.Her full name is Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom,Kay I kept because the breeder called her Miss Kay and Wigglebottom just fit for a bully.My husband named Abbott after his two favorite guitar players so his full name is Zakk Abbott Wylde after Zack Wilde from Black Label Society and Abbott after Dime bag Darrell of Pantera.lol

Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

I love that they both have full names that you both gave a lot of thought to! Your parents must love you a lot, Wheezie and Abbott, to give you both such special names

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry
    Likes (Received)

My husband and I are big fans of the zombie fallout book series. One of the characters has a bulldog named Henry. The bulldog is a very important character throughout the series. The author also has a bulldog named Henry in real life. When we decided we were ready for another puppy we began our research into the the bulldog breed and new that we had to have one and name him Henry. Later in the series the main character befriends another dog, mixed breed. His name is Augustine Purpose...aka A. Purpose. We plan to have another bulldog someday and that will be his name.

13. Likes CCandMurray, Chunky White liked this post
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Personally I love the name Henry, my nephew shares the name as well Augustine is great too and has cute nickname options Auggie and Gus great name choices!

Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member bengardradar's Avatar
    Real Name
    AMY
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Radar
    Likes (Received)

I love this post it is so fun. We have Radar Gavin Bengard. Those sending Xmas cards I confused gavins middle name with radars. Radar got his name cause my husband said either our next child or our first bulldog will be named radar. Thank goodness I was only able to have 1 skin baby. So when it came time to get a dog I needed to pick a radar. I think I did. Funny thing is most people think he is named radar after the character on MASH but he isn't he is named after Big Bird's bear. Big birds bear was nice and quiet but not our radar and I wouldn't have it any other way though love my son,husband and misfit 3 legged bulldog to the moon and back

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Our Motto: Better Free on 3 then sore on 4

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

I loved watching Sesame Street with my daughter when she was a little girl. Elmo was my favorite on the show, so that is how My Bulldog get his name Elmo.

Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    with Gronk hurt he becomes beatable. i hope hes still out when jets play them late december.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK @Chumley

one quote for-ya "11-2 9-5"

BRING IT ON NEXT WEEK PAL

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads