Help! Does anyone live near Monroe, LA?

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
There is a new post on Facebook today, under English Bulldogs for sale in Texas for an adorabull white male. The lady is asking $700 and saying she is moving and doesn't have time for him. She is also suggesting he would make a good Christmas gift.

My heart breaks for this boy, as how could she just sell him like an object? If I lived closer, I would consider getting him. Does anyone know someone who might be interested?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh my goodness, he's so adorable. There are quite a few Texans here, did it say which city? I pray he ends up in a good home, advertising on FB isn't ideal. I wonder if there's a Bulldog rescue nearby (?)

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh my goodness, he's so adorable. There are quite a few Texans here, did it say which city? I pray he ends up in a good home, advertising on FB isn't ideal. I wonder if there's a Bulldog rescue nearby (?)

He is actually in Monroe, Louisiana which is on opposite border of Texas. That makes me wonder what the deal is. The girl also says he is not on heart worm prevention. I might contact a rescue here in Texas.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=14393]Mom of Tucker[/MENTION], maybe the woman is just trying to cover all basis geographically so she probably also advertised in Louisiana. In any case, I hope he ends up in a loving home. It would be good news if she was willing to have him go to a bully rescue vs. just selling him but seems like she wants some compensation.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is actually in Monroe, Louisiana which is on opposite border of Texas. That makes me wonder what the deal is. The girl also says he is not on heart worm prevention. I might contact a rescue here in Texas.

that is the best way to go.... they may be able to get er to surrender to them and he will be in better hands ---- thank you for trying to get him some help

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
He looks like my Brett! Awww

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
whenever i hear of ads like that i can't help but wonder if the dog is stolen or if it is real, only because i can not understand how anyone can just sell a dog that they had for part of its life and to just let it go like nothing, especially a bulldog, as sweet as they are. ... i only say this because i came across so much fraud when i was looking to buy me another one.. i couldn't believe the people.. i sure hope he finds a good forever home..

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
whenever i hear of ads like that i can't help but wonder if the dog is stolen or if it is real, only because i can not understand how anyone can just sell a dog that they had for part of its life and to just let it go like nothing, especially a bulldog, as sweet as they are. ... i only say this because i came across so much fraud when i was looking to buy me another one.. i couldn't believe the people.. i sure hope he finds a good forever home..
:yes: a LOT of fraud! People steal pictures, run bogus ads, it's terrible! One fb page has puppies in Miami and offers to "ship to all major airports"…really? That's funny because most airlines have restricted and have even banned the travel of brachycephalic breeds - including American, Delta, United and Continental! Craigslist is LOADED w/scams regarding English Bulldogs…It makes me SO mad that people take advantage.
I think that's part of the reason why I love EBN so much…when one is googling bulldogs to research, chances are an article or thread on here shows up on the first page…The information here is some of the best out there on the net. I feel so bad for excited owners that want this breed so bad and will jump at an opportunity to own a bulldog…not knowing exactly what they're getting into - with crappy breeders especially! Caveat Emptor!!

~sorry Ginger, didn't mean to go off on a tangent on your thread…I hope this sweet baby finds a good home…He looks like he's in great shape, so hopefully the owner is loving and will do their best to re-home(if this is a real ad).

Last edited:

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
I agree. Sounds like BS to me. I would have a vet check for a chip but not her vet.

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree. Sounds like BS to me. I would have a vet check for a chip but not her vet.

Something definitely wasn't right about it. I finally ended up blocking her so I wouldn't keep looking at the post and getting more upset. My last post to her was asking if she would consider giving him to a rescue. She made it clear that she would get money for him. When I told her $700 was a lot to pay for a dog who may need heart worm treatment or something else, since he is not current on vaccines, her reply was, "lol. Ok".

It just made no sense, and she is very ignorant, at the very least!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.