Does your bully know when you are sad-crying?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Last night I talked to my son that I have not talked to in about 5 weeks (my drug addict 26 yr. old son) We had a nice conversation. He claims he has been clean 25 days and even started a new job on Monday :eek: (first job in over a year)

We hung up and I was home alone, well I had Vegas, I sat on the couch and cried my eyes out. Vegas jumped up on the couch pushing his full 61 lbs. against me, kept licking my face/tears and looking at me.

After about a good 30 min. cry I started to settle down with Vegas right in my face the whole time, I was petting him telling him what a good boy he was and then..........He FARTED :eek:.....LOUD AND PROUD!! :eek:, it stunk so bad I had to get up and leave the room. :*(:faint:

I started laughing so hard I had to go back and sit with him and just give him big kisses and butt scratches. There is nothing in the world to cheer me up but my faithful, loving, mommy's boy Vegas!! Not even the comfort words from Joe when he got home made me feel as "Special" as Vegas did!! :luv:

Does your bully sense when you are upset??

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Thats awesome news about your son! I will keep him in my prayers that he stay on this path to recovery!! and Vegas is such a good boy, that is the most precious thing I have heard :heart: He luvs his mommy! Chaos has only been with us for 3 weeks so he hasnt really seen me upset yet. The time will come I am sure. I have been sick this week with some type of stomach bug and he seems to "know". He has been less bitey and wants to just cuddle which is totally not like him :p

L

Lucy-licious

After about a good 30 min. cry I started to settle down with Vegas right in my face the whole time, I was petting him telling him what a good boy he was and then..........He FARTED :eek:.....LOUD AND PROUD!! :eek:

Thanks i really needed a good belly laugh xx and i'm so glad your son is making moves in a possitive direction, i'm praying it continues xx

I'm having a tough time at work at the moment and Lucy is picking up on my sadness....she comes and sits on me while I tell her about my day. Good job she can't repeat what I tell her...she knows all my patients, their needs, their snotty relatives and about my lack of support from my so called collegues. But she listens to me rant then gives me a big ole slobbery kiss before snuggling into my lap and snoring :luv:

BuBie

Feb 23, 2011
BuBie can make a sound like crying when he wants something or need us to play with him. Or whenever he see me waving my hand like saying goodbye..he starts to making sad sound!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
:hug::hug::hug: Many hugs to you first.

So glad to hear that your son's actually trying. Hopefully this will be a new happy adventure for him. Please don't hesitate to share how you're feeling with us, especially if you feel overwhelmed. We're always here to listen.

And, yes, I think Stig knows whenever I feel sad. I tend to cry when I see a bully has passed away and Stig always gently walks over to me when he notices and would just sit with me.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Great news about your son, I hope he continues to do well!!!!!

Awww what a good boy Vegas is :luv: Samson is the same way, he totally knows when I am sad. He gives me tons of love but he is very gentle about it. Like he will give me the paw but very softly, he gets all up in my face very calmly, gives me kisses, licks my tears away! He is very sensitive to my mood and emotions. Love that little boy! I've known and had lots of dogs in my life but never one that is so sensitive to human emotion.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That is such excellent news about your son ... he has a lot of silent prayers and hopes coming from the EBN family that hopefully will keep him on the right path at last!!!

AND how funny is Vegas ... perfect comic timing!!!

I can't say about the upset part, but when I caught the giardia from Daddy I was more ill than I have ever been in life. It was worse than giving birth the pain was so bad. Throughout all of it Maggie was glued to my side!!! OR maybe it's because I was in bed and that is her favorite place of all time ......... :lol:

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Yes, my dogs can sense changes. I think if there is a good bond and relationship between the animals and the owners, then they understand and can sense the emotions. Too bad people can't sense or even SEE when things are happening.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Aw, see? Vegas wanted you to laugh, that was a "cheer you up fart!" :LMAO: So happy to hear the wonderful news about your son! I pray he continues to do well and loves his new job!

DeeDee

Feb 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Busters
My Busters doesn't ever seem to notice when I'm sad. One time I was crying on the couch and he just used my arm as a chew toy! My whole family thinks he might be a little bit "special" ha ha

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Oh.. I love Vegas!!! :luv: I don't recall having a really sad moment in a while to know what Chester would do.. but when I was REALLY sick last week - he kind of stayed settled down and either jumped up and laid on the couch or on the floor next to the couch. And normally he's being a pistol in the middle of the day wanting to play. So, I think he sensed not all was well in the world of Lisa.

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Guinness def knows when my gf is upset...she had a bad incident at work and she was all messed up for a few days and Guinness sat with her and cuddled and never left her side. He def senses something was going on

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
great news about ur son i'll continue praying for him.
and yes sometimes when i'm crying for whatever reason spike comes up to me and start licking me and becomes sad then he gives me kisses and cheers me up.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online