Anal glands & fibre

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
I've just had Ruby at the vets to have her anal glands expressed, while doing it the vet nurse suggested adding abit of fibre to her diet to see if that helps with expressing her glands naturally. What would be the best thing fibre wise to add to her diet? She's currently fed wellness cure kibble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You can add a tablespoon of Metamucil (unflavored) to help her along

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Ugh. Taco seems to need this often. I should learn how to do it myself, so....smelly....

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
My girl had this issue as well. Her anal glands ruptured. I give her powder with probiotics, enzymes and others. Is there a special kind of fiber for dogs?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I've been giving my girl benefiber. It seems to be helping, but it's still too early to tell. I can tell you that when I needed to express Macons lovely problematic behind I only needed to do one side. I had read that giving a better quality food means less overall poo and that can be a problem in some dogs. I have 2 of those dogs. I am a lucky girl! Lol

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
I've been giving my girl benefiber. It seems to be helping, but it's still too early to tell. I can tell you that when I needed to express Macons lovely problematic behind I only needed to do one side. I had read that giving a better quality food means less overall poo and that can be a problem in some dogs. I have 2 of those dogs. I am a lucky girl! Lol

Do you give your guys the benefiber daily on top of their kibble?

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Ugh. Taco seems to need this often. I should learn how to do it myself, so....smelly....

Ruby does too, I keep saying I'm going to learn how to do it..but the smell puts me off lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.