My bulldog is a MACHINE!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Unstoppable lean mean machine! Actually, I think I bought a Jack Russell in a bulldog body! Yesterday I did an experiment... I decided to walk from my place to my boyfriend's house. The walk was a little over 2 miles... 2.4 miles to be more precise. Of course the first 0.5 miles Izzy was SO excited she was pulling hard and crying! Towards our final half mile we did a light jogging... we averaged 4.5 mph speed (entire walk)! I am still in shock with this dog... she is becoming a ball of energy that NEVER EVER gets tired!!! What happened to my bulldog that after 40 minutes of play time would sleep for 20 hours?

After our walk she was acting like nothing had happened... still wanted to play more...

A day at daycare doesn't get her tired anymore.... 1 hour of swimming at the dog park is nothing.... 45 minutes power walk is like going around the block!

How much energy does your bulldog have? Vet says Izzy is at her prime.... I am enjoying it but I wouldn't mind a little snuggle time too!

12065995_731985586945543_7202887989355536744_n.jpg

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
That's such a great pic..lol..

One of mine is like that. Wellie's two and doesn't tire. Blue on the other hand.. ha! He can walk over a mile but as soon as we're back home.. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I need a nap after reading what you put her through :babysleep:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Maybe cut that afro,might slow her down

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Winnie is the same. She will chase a ball as long as you will throw it for her. We have to make her stop. She runs at the dog park until we force her to leave. She's by far the most energetic bully I've ever had--she's my 4th. Frankly, I wish she wasn't quite so active!

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Wanna swap?! We should create a program "Swap A Bull" LOL

That's such a great pic..lol..

One of mine is like that. Wellie's two and doesn't tire. Blue on the other hand.. ha! He can walk over a mile but as soon as we're back home.. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
No kidding... me too.... last night I was using my foot to elevate her and throw her toy while watching Fifty Shades of Grey on HBO! I cant even have a little down time that she wants to play! My arms get tired to throwing toys, balls...

I need a nap after reading what you put her through :babysleep:

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha was my friend's Halloween costume. Had to try on her :)
i LOVE that afro!!! :w00t:

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I feel guilty but I feel the same way. Love the fact she is active and healthy but wish she was a little lazy too! ;)

Winnie is the same. She will chase a ball as long as you will throw it for her. We have to make her stop. She runs at the dog park until we force her to leave. She's by far the most energetic bully I've ever had--she's my 4th. Frankly, I wish she wasn't quite so active!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
We thought that Penny was our "lazy" bulldog- but after getting her nares widened- OMG!!!! This girl is non stop!!! But, that also helps me feel better about putting her through that. She seems to be a happier dog as well.

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor

This for me, x2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Ruckus is the energizer bully. Regina is way lazier -- she has her zoomies, but then she's content to lounge. Ruckus will go until he passes out if you don't stop him.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Usually they will start to slow down around 5 years of age, but will still like to play every once in awhile.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online