How much yogurt?

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hello all! I decided to post question here (more folks viewing) I've looked for this information but can't find anywhere. I would like to add greek yogurt to Joey's food (read that it could help with her amazing gas LOL)

Question is how much to I give her with her meal? She is almost 7 months old (BTW was a champ, got spayed last week, stiches out and she is GREAT!)

So if anyone can help me I (we) would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Here is an updated photo of Joey in her FAVORITE spot!
Joey's Spot.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] I give my dogs a tablespoon of yogurt every night,with a little dog food every night before bed. It's up to you when you give it to her. Right now,by the fire would be my favorite spot,too! She is a cute gal!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] I give my dogs a tablespoon of yogurt every night,with a little dog food every night before bed. It's up to you when you give it to her. Right now,by the fire would be my favorite spot,too! She is a cute gal!

Thanks so much! So one tablespoon per day, right? Not meal? Sorry, just want to do it right. Have you found that it helps with the "fragrant" gas? LOL

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
I give one tablespoon.wouldn't hurt if it's a big sloppy tablespoon full-ha ha-each day. My dogs don't really have gas-I also give them probiotics.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I give one tablespoon.wouldn't hurt if it's a big sloppy tablespoon full-ha ha-each day. My dogs don't really have gas-I also give them probiotics.
Oh wow.....doggie probiotics? When did you start that? As mentioned, Joey is almost 7 months old. Maybe that is why your sweeties don't "puff" ?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
I have given them probiotics since pups. I use Kauffmans stress formula.You can find it on the internet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Thatis what I do.... one sloppy tablespoon

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I also give my guys a "dollop" of yogurt on their evening meal--probably a heaping tablespoon? I also give them probiotics on their morning meal and they very rarely have gas.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Both of mine will be 7 months next week! Penny also just got spayed last week too! Lol!!! I give both mine a messy tablespoon full over breakfast and the same of coconut oil over their evening meal. They both still have gas- but not very often.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I also give both my guys plain yogurt, they get 2 Tbsps on their morning Kibble. I add Kelp and Coconut Oil to their evening kibble.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Both of mine will be 7 months next week! Penny also just got spayed last week too! Lol!!! I give both mine a messy tablespoon full over breakfast and the same of coconut oil over their evening meal. They both still have gas- but not very often.
ADORABLE !!! Joey is sending Penny well wishes....hope she is doing well post surgery, Joey never missed a beat (little girl Joey...FYI) Thank you for the info! Going to buy the best Greek yogurt that I can find!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you all for the information!!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
ADORABLE !!! Joey is sending Penny well wishes....hope she is doing well post surgery, Joey never missed a beat (little girl Joey...FYI) Thank you for the info! Going to buy the best Greek yogurt that I can find!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you all for the information!!

Isn't it funny how fast they recover?!? We also got Penny's nares opened up to help her breathe and OMG- this girl has more energy than I ever realized!! We had to catch her mid air sometimes trying to jump off of the couch after her surgery and trying to jump on us. She's got the free and clear now to run around and be her rambunctious self now. She definitely giving Lockjaw a run for his money! She was basing him around the house last night- it was too cute.

I did read somewhere to just give them plain regular yogurt- not Greek. I can't remember why exactly, lol. I give mine just plain organic Stoney Field yogurt and they love it. I also give them Nupro Joint and immunity supplement. I found that after they were running around outside or playing with one another, one of them would always wind up with a little limp- after a few weeks with the Nupro, I haven't seen a limp since, and they really love the taste as well.

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor

Exact same routine over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online